• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Electric gate intercom with mobile as reciever

swanytroon

Established Member
Looking for an intercom that can control an electric gate and when is pressed will alert my mobile and show a live feed of who is at the intercom, would also be useful to been able to talk to the visitor but not a deal breaker. I would be looking to choose to open gate or not from my phone even if not in the house (assuming i have phone internet were i am)

cmclean

Established Member
Most of the main suppliers of door entry/gate entry systems support these features these days.
More important considerations might be

Is it a normal call forward and hence charged call charges or is it IP based such as SIP which requires and internet connection to your entry system and phone but then no call charges incur but then if you've not got Internet connection on your phone as you rightly mention then it won't work

Also with regards the video you'd need to have a good 3G/4G data connection on your phone to receive live video stream due to the bandwidth required so be aware of that. Some systems obvioulsy support the likes of H264 to make this more efficient and also MPEG when your getting a snapsnot image peridocially rather than full live stream if that makes sense.

Check out CAME/BPT and 2N for starters

Hope that helps

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom