Electric fire for under TV

philip5660

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find a very low and wide electric fire that I can slot in under my TV as low as possible that will also give me room for a recessed centre speaker .
So far I've found :

Gotham 1300
Gazco 135r

Both of which would be a tight fit due to the gubbins behind the wall which you don't actually see.

Not worried about heat. It's for aesthetics. There's a projector screen in play here as well, so bottom of that is about 660mm from the floor.

Anyone got any other ideas?

What about using a built in Bio Ethanol fire? You could have one anywhere in the room.

You could just buy the main fuel section and build whatever surround you wanted.

Yes indeed I have been looking at that too. Definitely interesting. A bit more hassle to put together. Biggest draw back is the price of the bioethanol . I'd need a burner thats over a metre wide to achieve the look.
Electric would be better as you get the look , quick blast of heat when you need it - BUT haven't ruled out bioethanol yet.

Also looking at an alternative setup. Perhaps a 2 sided corner fire built into a box section.

We got the gotham 900 under tv. Looks good and only needed the inner breeze blocks knocking out, but we also got a marble surround, but it would have fitted without the surround.

Attachments

• 20180924_190729.jpg
    20180924_190729.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
Yup nice fire there - was through the whole flamerite range but unfortunately it's just not a goer. I hate TVs high on the wall but apart from that I'm limited by the bottom edge of the screen. I'm all but ready to ditch the idea and look at a corner solution or nothing - just invest in nicer lighting and other features.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom