Electric Dreams (BBC4) - Ultravox Musicians...

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Did anybody see this on BBC4 6/10/09 9pm

Electric Dreams, where one family lives through the 70's, 80's and 90's - one day per year etc.

During the 80's segment the children were given a keyboard, demonstrated by two members of 80's supergroup Ultravox - Chris Cross and (I think) Billy Currie.

Queue Mum and Dad swooning and the kids shrugging their shoulders at two elderly gentlemen playing chords from "Vienna"

Priceless.

I was pretty shocked myself at how old they looked now though!

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
Did anybody see this on BBC4 6/10/09 9pm

Electric Dreams, where one family lives through the 70's, 80's and 90's - one day per year etc.

During the 80's segment the children were given a keyboard, demonstrated by two members of 80's supergroup Ultravox - Chris Cross and (I think) Billy Currie.

Queue Mum and Dad swooning and the kids shrugging their shoulders at two elderly gentlemen playing chords from "Vienna"

Priceless.

That was rather good - I've found the whole series so far to be great.

Last nights program prompted be to download BBC BASIC for my kids (who were enthralled at the whole programme) to have a go on the PC.

I was pretty shocked myself at how old they looked now though!

That's rock & roll for you :)

Kieron

Distinguished Member
That was rather good - I've found the whole series so far to be great.

Last nights program prompted be to download BBC BASIC for my kids (who were enthralled at the whole programme) to have a go on the PC.
:)

They really should have had a C64 expert on the show though. I'm certain the kids would have plumped for that instead ;)

Nice to see some other old computers - Jupiter Ace, Dragon 32, Oric etc on the show.

Seemed that the instruments didn't get much use though, redundant guitar in one bedroom, keyboard thrown to one side once Ultravox had left etc.

Now if the tech-team had of brought in a Simmons SDSV it would have been a different matter!

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
They really should have had a C64 expert on the show though. I'm certain the kids would have plumped for that instead ;)

The BBC was a better machine though - I used to get paid to write games for the C64 and Spectrum - but the BBC is what I played with at home.

Nice to see some other old computers - Jupiter Ace, Dragon 32, Oric etc on the show.

Imagine if they'd chosen the Jupiter Ace - try programming that with the call stack in Forth :)

Seemed that the instruments didn't get much use though, redundant guitar in one bedroom, keyboard thrown to one side once Ultravox had left etc.

If you were a kid, would you really want to be filmed not being able to play an instrument.

Now if the tech-team had of brought in a Simmons SDSV it would have been a different matter!

:D

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom