Electric Curtain Rails...recommendations?

eddiem74

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone any recommendations for electric curtain rails? I found an old post on here from a few years back where an eBay purchase for £100 seemed to work out fine versus some options 2-3 times the price.

Just wondering what people have/are using.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
I used silent gliss last time for the lounge with lightwaverf and have been very happy with the result but I may look to try these out at a third of the price.

I used silent gliss last time for the lounge with lightwaverf and have been very happy with the result but I may look to try these out at a third of the price.
The eBay seller has a website which appears to include assembly and installation instructions. Wondering how does it seem to compare to Silent Gliss in terms of design/quality from what can be seen?

Assemble Electric Curtain Tracks (HT100)

It looks along the same lines in terms of design if not a little rough around the edges. Those bits you won't see. Larger motor etc. the wall bracket doesn't look quite as neat but again I think this won't notice. Nice thing about silent gliss is comes assembled to the correct length. All you do is plug it into the mains and screw to the wall. This one is more involved for sure but not a mass amount of work needed.

Anyone got one yet. I'm still a few weeks off ordering one.

Anyone got one yet. I'm still a few weeks off ordering one.
I've taken the gamble and ordered one tonight. 3M, £145 delivered although will see if I get stung for VAT, and other customs charges but at a third of the prices I am being quoted said I would give it a shot.

Living room will be getting a makeover in the next few weeks so will see if the right choice or not...

Just over 24hrs since placing the order, dispatch email received stating delivery should occur within 2 business days... Lets see...

Just over 24hrs since placing the order, dispatch email received stating delivery should occur within 2 business days... Lets see...
Delivered today via UPS, no complaints about that. Will be a couple of weeks before installed.

Great keep us posted was in John lewis looking at curtains today so getting closer.

How are you controlling yours?? I will be sticking with a lightwaverf module.

Great keep us posted was in John lewis looking at curtains today so getting closer.

How are you controlling yours?? I will be sticking with a lightwaverf module.
Nearly looked at curtains today myself but still a while away, so ended up buying a new kitchen table and chairs. [emoji12]

I was gonna initially use a fibaro blind controller but now am gonna start simple and use the IR on the curtain probably via iTach Flex controlled via fibaro, and see how that goes...

How is the rail holding up now? Are you still happy with it?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom