1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elder Scrolls - Morrowind

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by spikeyboyo, Dec 2, 2002.

1. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone played this on the Xbox yet - whats it like, almost bought it on Saturday but wanted to see what others thought first :)

Spike

2. Robson

Robson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's excellent.

All the magazines I read said the graphics weren't very good, but I think they're outstanding. The water effects are amazing and close up everything looks detailed.

And a good tip for fighting is to first pick a weapon you're skilled in, for example if you have long blade as a major skill then try to use long bladed weapons as this increases your chances of hitting, also select "use best attack" in the options screen as again this strikes your enemy using the most powerful attack. My first character was rubbish at fighting until I realised the above. Once you get used to fighting try knocking this option off for a bit of a challenge!

But my best advice is buy it from a shop where you can take it back, that way there's no risk is there?

Hope this helps

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    I have just order it for the PC I too have heard the graphics are out of this world. There may also be an add on coming for it as there is one for the PC called Tribunal. (So keep those game saves).
    If it is anything like Dagerfall (Elder Scrolls 2) take time to build your character up rather than just following the plot as the game could be short.

4. dunkyboy

dunkyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    How do the PC and XBOX versions compare? Is it playable on the XBOX? Is it hideously slow on the PC? How do the graphics compare? Is there any difference in the actual game between the two?

I'm thinking of buying an XBox and if Morrowind is as good or better on that than on the PC, then I'm sold!

Cheers,

Dunc

5. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well it depends on what PC spec you have as to whether it will run smooth as we all know a high end PC will be much faster than the Xbox but a mid end PC then the x box will compare i have the PC version and it runs as smooth as silk and i have to say looks very nice too

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    What Processor and Graphic card do you have on that PC you mention?

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,492
    Just thought I woud post this since the post count was only showing 3 replies and there have been 5 and dunkyboy the last poster shown and not me, so he or people reading may think there have been no new replies.