• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Eject disk button usually doesn't work

madmonk3y

Established Member
Hi all, just a query as not sure what to do about my PS4. Whenever I have a disk in my PS4 the eject button just doesn't register when I press it so the disk doesn't eject until say a minute or so later when I press it and hear that nice reassuring beep.

Is the eject button just rubbish or is it just my PS4 with this problem?

Thanks

PS I know I can use Options --> Remove disk.

humpo

Established Member
same here, i have to run my finger along the whole length of the button to ensure it ejects.

PlaybookHero

Prominent Member
Mine started off fine.. now it needs a feel or two before it plays ball. I'm going to try cleaning it a bit and see if that improves things.

Lestat_11

Established Member
I find If I dampen my finger it works right away or I just use the options button and remove the disc through the menu

sykotik

Distinguished Member
i have noticed this , if you remove the hard drive cover a little , it seems to work all/ every time ,
not sure why but it does :confused:

but i don't really use that option , i use the options "remove disc" because i'm lazy :D

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom