Eight years with a double duvet on a single bed

Foebane72

Prominent Member
Reaction score
How stoopid is that, eh?

Well, in all honesty, it was when my parents found a place for me, but the bed was single with no duvet so I had to get one from my parents but all they had was a double - and I've used it ever since.

The thing is, I don't change the sheets that often, mainly because trying to insert a double duvet into a double cover is a veritable nightmare, much easier with a single as I've experienced in the past.

So now I've decided to correct this oversight, but need to know more about what "tog" duvets are, how to look for fire safety and stay within a budget of £10.

And I only need a single duvet by itself, I already have a nice Union Jack single duvet cover as a Christmas gift from my sister. Patriotic, huh?

£10? Keep your old one....

Eight years and rarely washed? Most of the weight of your current duvet is probably dead skin and dust mites.

Especially as I've just discovered that the Union Jack duvet cover is in fact a double anyway, even though I'm certain the packaging said single.

Oh well, may as well stick with the double duvet. Besides, I've found an easy way to put it inside a cover anyway - just pull the corners into the corners of the sheet and shake to fit.

Eight years and rarely washed? Most of the weight of your current duvet is probably dead skin and dust mites.

Excuse me, I am like other people and don't like to wallow in my own filth, so I replace the covers every 3-4 months, I'd say. Yes, most of you probably do it every few weeks, but as I said, I hate doing that with trying to fit a double duvet inside a cover, so much hassle.

Maybe if I did away with a cover entirely?

Excuse me, I am like other people and don't like to wallow in my own filth, so I replace the covers every 3-4 months, I'd say. Yes, most of you probably do it every few weeks, but as I said, I hate doing that with trying to fit a double duvet inside a cover, so much hassle.

Maybe if I did away with a cover entirely?

Eh?

What Kav means is the dead skin inside the actual duvet itself, not in the covers.

If it's a double and there is only one of you, you can use a different section every month. Then turn. By the time you get to the end, you can turn it vertically and do the same again. Fresh bedding for years!

Change bedding every few months ! Yak

I have to change mine every few days ! I'd feel minging not changing the bedding for months at a time and I shower morning and night

You really are quite lazy foebane I bet the bed is honking you've probably become accustomed to the funky smell , there really is a no excuse

I’m assuming you’re single. Seriously why not change the bed to a double than the duvet to a single?! There comes a time in your life when you realise even if you usually sleep alone that single beds are for kids and prisoners. Getting a woman home to a single bed in not a good look.

For real, honestly how minging.

When i lived in my flat and i had a single bed i had a double duvet on the bed and i changed the cover on it and the fitted sheets every Sunday, and it takes all of about 5 mins max to put a new quilt cover on it its easy as anything if you know how to do it.

I’m assuming you’re single. Seriously why not change the bed to a double than the duvet to a single?! There comes a time in your life when you realise even if you usually sleep alone that single beds are for kids and prisoners. Getting a woman home to a single bed in not a good look.

I'm guessing the same after what i just read about him in the 'use by food thread'

You don't change your bedding for 3-4 months?? That is pure filth!!!

I absolutely love getting in to bed with fresh sheets, I always make a point of having a shower before bed when we change the sheets as it makes that slipping in to bed all the more comfortable. Change once a week is ideal, fortnightly just about acceptable but any more is a bit rank in my opinion.

OP I feel like we need to send Gok Wang round to sort you out!

I absolutely love getting in to bed with fresh sheets, I always make a point of having a shower before bed when we change the sheets as it makes that slipping in to bed all the more comfortable. Change once a week is ideal, fortnightly just about acceptable but any more is a bit rank in my opinion.

OP I feel like we need to send Gok Wang round to sort you out!

Or this pair.
imgres.jpg

I have a super long size duvet and change it every week or thereabouts.

It's not THAT hard to change!
I agree weekly is about the limit in my opinion. I find it rather concerning to learn a frequency of changing bedding measured in months and years. Oh dear I'm getting itchy just thinking about it.

I bet it's nice and crusty...unless he's got a thick sock...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom