EH-TW7300 bulb problem?

stegalv

tried to watch something on my epson tw7300 last night,the fans started and the blue power light flashing to show it was starting up but then the lamp doesn't come on and after a couple of minutes the orange lamp light comes on and then projector shuts down after a short time,same lamp from new but don't think it's anywhere near it's advertised life hours used,don't mind changing the lamp but is there any way of checking if it could be some other problem,don't fancy paying for new lamp and it's not the lamp,
if it is lamp are the compatable ones good enough?

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
tried to watch something on my epson tw7300 last night,the fans started and the blue power light flashing to show it was starting up but then the lamp doesn't come on and after a couple of minutes the orange lamp light comes on and then projector shuts down after a short time,same lamp from new but don't think it's anywhere near it's advertised life hours used,don't mind changing the lamp but is there any way of checking if it could be some other problem,don't fancy paying for new lamp and it's not the lamp,
if it is lamp are the compatable ones good enough?
My 7400 did this last year, but eventually came on the 2nd time i turned it on, i emailed Epson and they said it sounded like the bulb, so sent me a brand new one ( my PJ is still under warranty) if you are still under warranty, just messge them, their customer service is 2nd to none, and as for the Bulb, i would buy an original Epson one, they are cheap enough at £ 100 or so.

stegalv

Thanks nayfine,it's over 5 yrs old so probably no warranty.like I said don't mind buying a new bulb,just trying to find out is there any way to confirm its not some other fault?otherwise its 100 quid down the drain,
And would still like to know if anyone has used the compatible lamps,wouldn't be as much of wasted money if it wasn't the lamp at fault.

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
Thanks nayfine,it's over 5 yrs old so probably no warranty.like I said don't mind buying a new bulb,just trying to find out is there any way to confirm its not some other fault?otherwise its 100 quid down the drain
Hve you turned it back on since the issue? I'm still using the 1st bulb that had the issue and not happened since.

stegalv

Phoned epson again to see if another tech would be a bit more helpful,he asked more questions and tried to find any service centres nearby,at the end he asked if i had tried taking lamp out and putting it back in,guess what it worked,back up and running 😃

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom