Eh? Pal2Ntsc on all games?

It will convert a PAL50hz signal to NTSC50hz and a PAL60hz signal to NTSC 60hz, at least that is what I assume when it states that you need a TV compatible with both NTSC 50hz and 60hz but I didnt think NTSC50hz exsisted.

Indiana Jones said:
It will convert a PAL50hz signal to NTSC50hz and a PAL60hz signal to NTSC 60hz, at least that is what I assume when it states that you need a TV compatible with both NTSC 50hz and 60hz but I didnt think NTSC50hz exsisted.

Yeah I agree. Why would anyone want NTSC50Hz when NTSC60Hz is so much better? :confused: Strange world

NTSC 50hz just about exists: an NTSC GameCube with Freeloader trying to play a PAL 50 Hz game will produce an NTSC 50Hz signal. Very, very few TVs support it, and most will end up producing a black + white picture.

t-force said:
NTSC 50hz just about exists: an NTSC GameCube with Freeloader trying to play a PAL 50 Hz game will produce an NTSC 50Hz signal. Very, very few TVs support it, and most will end up producing a black + white picture.

Not that I know a lot about the subject, but I thought black and white picture doesn't necessarily mean you don't support 60hz (or 50hz in this case). You should be able to fix it with the appropriate Ps2 to TV connections, right? :smashin:

Certainly, when Freeloader first came out a lot of NTSC Cube owners were having this problem, when using 50 Hz mode PAL games, and either composite or S-Vid cable connections. The only way to get round the problem was to either use an adapted RGB or component cable, or stick to games that had a 60 Hz mode, and make sure the game engaged it.

This maybe the the problem I have?? PAL PS2 when trying to play NTSC game via a supplied composite+scart adaptor produces a stable but black and white image. Will buying a rgb scart cable solve this?

xforce said:
This maybe the the problem I have?? PAL PS2 when trying to play NTSC game via a supplied composite+scart adaptor produces a stable but black and white image. Will buying a rgb scart cable solve this?
Yes it will solve the problem.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom