Question Egreat A5 vs Zappiti mini 4K HDR

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by AndyRg4, Aug 2, 2018.

1. AndyRg4

AndyRg4

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +102
      Hey guys
      I currently have a Popcorn Hour A410 and have just treated myself to a 65" Panasonic FZ802, leaving my current media player out of date.

I have been looking at the following 2 media players:
      Egreat A5
      Zappiti mini 4K HDR

My ripped media consists of Tv shows and movies, spread across multiple (25Tb) NAS drives.

My question to owners out there is 'which box is the better box?'

The price difference to me doesn't matter, I just want the best one out of the 2.

My research has thrown a quandry as, whilst the Zappiti seems to have the better interface, owners report crushed blacks on the latest firmware and Zappiti themselves say there is an issue with lossless soundtracks at the moment. Anyone experienced any of this?

My research on the Egreat however has thrown up that scraping of TV shows isn't that great but file playback hasn't got any known major issues.

Are any of these boxes able to create one jukebox/media wall from multiple drives? (one of the reasons for buying the Popcorn Hour was its ability to do this, as my NAS drives are always expanding in number). This isn't a deal breaker as I am quite happy to keep my Popcorn Hour for non 4K/HDR playback as the picture quality is sublime from it, I would then keep the new box for purely 4K/HDR content fed from the one NAS drive for movies and one for TV shows.

Thanks for all your thoughts and responses

Andy

2. bubblegum57

bubblegum57

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +313