Egreat a11

dazm41

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is anybody getting one at £399 it's on the high side but you do get dual HDMI 2.0a/1.4 for audio but it's cheaper than getting a new 4k 2.0a reciver what do think

Yes I have one, wonderful bit of kit, anything you need help with?

Yes I have one, wonderful bit of kit, anything you need help with?
just pulled the trigger on one of these is there i should know it will be hooked up to a 4k tv for picture and 2nd hdmi to my marantz sr7007 , now there is two of us

just like to add that my Egreat A 11 came a couple of days ago had a couple of problems with getting true hd /dts ma sound through the second hdmi port but downloaded the beta firmware and all is good now must say this is the best picture i've seen hands down on any media player i've owned and i've had a few , it's quite easy to set up for movies stored on my nas i'm not bothered about the vidonxbmc prefer the built in movie scraper ,there's a great review on more detail than i can go into avsforums http://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...tent-streaming/2926144-review-egreat-a11.html
overall very pleased so far

Can the HDMI (Audio) output, send out uncompressed DTS HD-MA / Dolby True / Dolby Atmos as 7.1 LPCM? My receiver cannot accept bitstream signals but can accept 7.1 multi-channel audio, which my Octava switch can send through. It needs to be de-coded 7.1 LPCM, uncompressed and not dolby digital. My Samsung UBD-K8500 bluray player can so I'm hoping the A11 can also.

just like to add a couple of findings with this box now i've had it over a month first of the picture quality is outstanding from blu rays to uhd films don't watch dvds anymore so can't comment did have a couple of issues regarding using the dual hdmi cable solution which i do were the machine failed to lock on to the audio signal it would only recognise dolby digital it was ok with a beta firmware i was using but when updated to the stable firmware v1.2.6.6 it knocked of the sound so i went back to the beta firmware v1.2.6.0 i i contacted the egreat forum and rita on there sent me a pm with a beta firmware v1.2.6.7 with in a couple of days so very good response from egreat there the machine was backed to normal playing all the audio formats there are a couple of niggles but with a new firmware im sure this could be just the best media player there is / that i have .

just like to add a couple of findings with this box now i've had it over a month first of the picture quality is outstanding from blu rays to uhd films don't watch dvds anymore so can't comment did have a couple of issues regarding using the dual hdmi cable solution which i do were the machine failed to lock on to the audio signal it would only recognise dolby digital it was ok with a beta firmware i was using but when updated to the stable firmware v1.2.6.6 it knocked of the sound so i went back to the beta firmware v1.2.6.0 i i contacted the egreat forum and rita on there sent me a pm with a beta firmware v1.2.6.7 with in a couple of days so very good response from egreat there the machine was backed to normal playing all the audio formats there are a couple of niggles but with a new firmware im sure this could be just the best media player there is / that i have .

Do you find the pic Quality better than the Nvidia Shield Movie wise .

A 1000 % times better picture quality

One of the reasons i went with the Zidoo X10 the jump in Pic Quality
Glad your happy with your purchase .

The Zidoo X20 pro / Dune be out soon well one day . ;)

It is expensive but I'm happy and the Mrs said there is a big difference in picture quality so win win

It is expensive but I'm happy and the Mrs said there is a big difference in picture quality so win win

Well if the mrs can see the diff thats all that counts .
Money well spent .

Well till the next box comes out .

i just bought the a5 same chipset firmware etc is it not so what settings you use is it right you can only change settings in 1080p and not 4k , what firmware you on ??

i just bought the a5 same chipset firmware etc is it not so what settings you use is it right you can only change settings in 1080p and not 4k , what firmware you on ??
I'm on a beta firmware v1.2.6.7 which won't belong before it's released I suppose, I've a 4k TV I use 2160@30 HDR auto, I use the inbuilt media player not vidon kodi

I have put this on the SEK3500 but no help so i thought I would try here I have a EGreat box and I want to go via HDMI rather than Optical which here is my problem at the moment the Sek3500 is conected via Optical to my amp and two of the HDMI Sockets are taken up with my cable box and the second on is taken up by the Blu Ray.which now is left two HDMIs I am hoping I can use the 3rd one for my media player which then leaves my last one but is marked ARC which seem I can not use because I do not have ARC or should I put my media player via HDMI straight Though to the Amp instead

Does your amp have an ARC (Audio Return Channel) input?
If it does then connect the TV ARC HDMI port to the amps ARC input and any devices then connected to the TV will get their audio sent to the amp via the ARC HDMI connection.
If no ARC input on the amp then you can connect any devices to the amp and then connect the amp to any HDMI input on the TV.

Mark.

No Mark I do not Have ARC So mate lets see if I have this right use the HDMI out on the amp into one of the HDMI ins on my one connect SEK 3500 box which controls my TV so use connect my other boxes which is Virgin, Blu ray box & Egreat media box straight to the amp in stead of the HDMI inputs of my one connect box Correct ?

Your amp may not have a dedicated ARC input, but you can still use the ARC output HDMI socket on the TV box.
  • Virgin STB, BluRay player and Egreat plug into the 3 spare HDMI sockets on the TV box.
  • TV box ARC HDMI connects to any HDMI input on the amp
You can then set the TV to output via the ARC port which should also disable the TV's speakers. Then just selected the input on the amp and the correct input on the TV and all audio gets passed to the amp and out to your speakers.

There are other options, but this way you use either the TV's speakers or the amp as required for any of the 3 sources.

Mark.

I never use the TV speakers Mark as I have got quite a exspesive HIfi/Home cinema set up every think works fine via the optical cable but all that will give me is basic Dolby & surround sound and that it but I want the full works sound wise which you get with only HDMI like Trusound etc for my 4K

But the audio formats from the TV to amp using ARC are also limited. You would need to read the specs for the TV but the chances are it only passes the same audio as you are getting using the optical cable.

To get the HD audio formats you would need to connect the media player directly to the amp, then from amp to TV using HDMI.

Mark.

Thank you so much Mark so if I use HDMI OUT from the Amp to one of the HDMI IN on the one connected box and connect the EGreat box straight though to a HDMI IN on the Amp is that correct Mark

Attachments

• 20180116_091821.jpg
    20180116_091821.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 107
  • 20180116_091825.jpg
    20180116_091825.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 104
Last edited:
so if I use HDMI OUT from the Amp to one of the HDMI IN on the one connected box and connect the EGreat box straight though to a HDMI IN on the Amp is that correct
Yes that should work fine - no need to buy anything else.

Mark.

Thanks Mark Have a good weekend You seem always the first to help and I am very grateful for what you do Thank You

well it looks like we're getting android 7 as well,when is a another question it's in the pipeline
@All, just want to let all guys know that Egreat Android 7 is under processing as we said. We will release it when it is good enough! If you choose Egreat, please trust Egreat! Thanks.

Is anyone able to confirm what Android 7 will being to the table?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom