Eggs or FS2's?

Which is the better Sat / Sub Package?

• Mission FS2's & Sub

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • KEF Egg's & Sub

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
Well, just doing my bit to make sure we purchase whats best rather than from a purely feminine viewpoint.

Anyway, back OT, I have a great demo of the KEF's with a Denon 2802 and must say the sound was fantastic. Have not heard the Missions yet but I would be surprised if the NXT technology would be comparable.

Originally posted by jag
Have not heard the Missions yet but I would be surprised if the NXT technology would be comparable.

hmmm... but you never demoed them... so you dont actually know?

me (& I think billduff) had demos of both so we have at least heard the Kefs.

I completely agree that the kefs are better, just slightly.. but in the end result, a pretty small amount and certainly not £250-300+ difference.

£300 could happily buy an amp or dvd player etc.

overall, I think the Kefs are nice speakers but overpriced now.. been out 12 months+ with little sign of a change in price... maybe to below £600.

with the Gallos coming in just above their list price, and lots of other makes in at £400-600, the competition is catching up quickly...

Mission are readying a followup or companion product in the FS1 at a similar price...
IMHO Kef better be watching its competitors or they could price themselves out of either price range (sub £500 and upto £1000).

No, I don't know. Which is why I won't say one is better than the other until I do. I just made up my opinion based on the technology.

I certainly agree that KEF's are overpriced. Brand name can only win you so many customers before people realise they are overpaying against competitor goods.

Out of interest, who exactly is the competition in this price range?

Hi Guys,

I just poseted a new thread which should help clear up where the new FS-1's fit into the grand scheme of things:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41662

Out of interest, I placed my order today for my FS2's in Silver and my Gold Denon AVR-3802 :D

Next on the list (after pay day at least) is the Toshiba 42PW16 Plasma and Denon DVD-2800 MKII when it is released. Woohoo she is coming togther now!!

Kirk,

Let me know how the Plasma works out as I am toying with the idea of the Tosh myself. A bit skint for the next month or two but it could be my Xmas present to myself.

I can rest assured that my 'Male Pride' will be restored tonight as I have jkust been told the bath is leaking :rolleyes: so I have to do some serious 'man work' while she cooks tea !!!! (i think i'll order a takeaway) :D :D

I agree with MartinCo. the Kefs were slightly better in some areas. Equal on most of it though and in no way worth the extra £350. Also... it wasn't just the missus who thought they were ugly.... I didn't like the silver ones (although the black one look better.)

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kirk
Hi Guys,

I just poseted a new thread which should help clear up where the new FS-1's fit into the grand scheme of things:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41662

Out of interest, I placed my order today for my FS2's in Silver and my Gold Denon AVR-3802 :D

Next on the list (after pay day at least) is the Toshiba 42PW16 Plasma and Denon DVD-2800 MKII when it is released. Woohoo she is coming togther now!!

Kirk and the rest of you who spent your hard earned cash on the missions, answer me this,unless you are rich enough to upgrade every couple of years
when it comes to price/quality please let me know how your missions sound in 3 years time
rest assured the extra £200/250 will then matter
the kefs which i purchased from japan sound as good today as they ever did when i bought them 3 years ago:p ;) :p :p :p

Its a fair point I suppose, but I would guess that any speaker from any manufacturer is likely to sound inferior after three years use, however, it just depends on how much they degrade.

For someone who has relatively crap hearing, I dont need audiophile quality, just something that is "great" to my ears, if I was concerned over the longevity of the Missions, I wouldnt have bought them either, but in my opinion, I see no reason to worry anymore than I would about any speakers I might have bought.

If I am 100% honest, I am more concerned about what condition the Plasma panel will be in in 3 years time! but not to the point of thinking it will be knackered.

Originally posted by davebees
Kirk and the rest of you who spent your hard earned cash on the missions, answer me this,unless you are rich enough to upgrade every couple of years when it comes to price/quality please let me know how your missions sound in 3 years time rest assured the extra £200/250 will then matter.

hmm...not really.

me thinks you've hung yourself on your own logic there.

so the kefs are slightly better.. but not a huge difference. end result - they're very similar.

I'd take a small leap of faith here and say that in the next 2 years or so, the kef eggs will also be showing their age.

already, the Gallos above £1000 look likely to steal some of the Kefs market... the "elite"/ expensive sub/sat buyer. not unlikely that others will come out cheaper with a similar spec in the next 18 months plus the gallos will drop in price eventually.

also since the Mission panels can be linked together in pairs,
there is nothing to stop me doubling up all the rears in 2-3 years time
and putting something like the Gallos or maybe the FS2's future cousins at the front.

hence a nice little mid-life kicker at a reasonable price.

what are you Egg owners going to do...get double yokes?:D :D

hmmmm now then......has any enterprising FS2 owners out there bothered to go 6.1 or 7.1 yet? Especially interested if any of you guys also have the Denon AVR-3802.

Sheesh...only just ordered my 5.1 FS2's and my AVr-3802 and am thinking of upgrading! :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kirk
hmmmm now then......has any enterprising FS2 owners out there bothered to go 6.1 or 7.1 yet? Especially interested if any of you guys also have the Denon AVR-3802.

Sheesh...only just ordered my 5.1 FS2's and my AVr-3802 and am thinking of upgrading! :rolleyes:

I was thinking about this, but cant find anywhere that stocks just two sats&sub (well online anyway)

But what am i thinking, i would also need a new 6.1/7.1 amp as well...

Cool, thanks mate.

I just received the Denon 3802 & FS2's this morning, got them setup withmy existing DVD via Toslink cable and Sky via 2 x Phono.

The sounds is great even though it is still at factory defaults and the speakers havn't bedded in yet!!

It's interesting, I can't seem to get to the Denon's setup controls as I dont have video available for the OSD!!! booo!!!

Gonna have a play for a while.....I am WELL impressed with both though!

Can't wait to get a my new DVD & Plasma soon!! Bank manager aint so keen though! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom