Effect of Damaged Tweeters on Treble and General Sound

AidenL

As per the thread title, my niece pushed in the tweeters on my speakers. Attacched a few pictures to show the damage.

Sound is very muddy and lacking in highs in stereo compared to DD outputs when watching a bluray or Sky.

Would this damage have a significant effect?

Is it repairable?

Attachments

abbo

Sorry Aiden, they are knackered! Both drive units will need to be replaced unless the covers can be changed on their own, and I doubt this. And yes, it will significantly effect the Treble and Imaging of these speakers. And when you get them repaired, get the covers on!

AidenL

Sorry Aiden, they are knackered! Both drive units will need to be replaced unless the covers can be changed on their own, and I doubt this. And yes, it will significantly effect the Treble and Imaging of these speakers. And when you get them repaired, get the covers on!
Bugger - I suspected as much :(

spud12345

Novice Member
Try superfi. When my (now ex) wife damaged one of my tweeters by pushing it in (through the grill) they were able to change it at quite a reasonable cost.

John.

swiftpete

Distinguished Member
Try superfi. When my (now ex) wife damaged one of my tweeters by pushing it in (through the grill) they were able to change it at quite a reasonable cost.

John.
You divorced your wife for ruining your speakers? Respect for your devotion to av.

spud12345

Novice Member
No. She divorced me for having a good sounding av system installed rather than just listening to tinny iPhone speakers.

John.

AidenL

Thanks guys !

Lmao, drastic on the wife situation !

I think the shiny titanium attracted the little one, she did 4 out of 5 , dunno how she missed one - she was very thorough !!

Soundmangt4

Well, at least you won't have to pay. I'm sure the little terror's parent will welcome the repair bill! :laugh: :smashin:

AidenL

Well, at least you won't have to pay. I'm sure the little terror's parent will welcome the repair bill! :laugh: :smashin:
Ah I'll have to suck it up myself - wife would kill me if I did that ! :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom