Eets: Chowdown.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Tetlee, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Download just came back online after apparently being taken off eariler today due to the download being broken.

Just downloading now & I must admit I prefer the sounds of this one over Pinball so hoping for something good.

61% so be off to play in a few minutes hopefully.

2. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Eets seems like a VERY good game:cool:

If you were a fan of Lemmings then I think you're pretty sure to like this, bit like a mix of Lemmings style puzzles crossed with Alien Hominid style looks, good combination IMO.

Will quite likely purchase this one later as I think it's got plenty of levels to keep you coming back to it for weeks, haven't even looked at the co-op yet:)

For me one of the best titles available on XBLA so far!

[EDIT]Just been playing Marsho Madness mode now, fantastic, like a battle version of Boom Boom Rocket without the rhythm hitting(if that makes sense), odd but damn addictive!

3. RidleyDeckard

RidleyDeckard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    This has turned into an expensive couple of weeks for me, I bought Boom Boom Rockets when I got back holiday, 3D Golf last week and Pinball FX today. I've just tried Eets and I really like it, like Tetlee says it's 21st century version of Lemmings. Looks like another winner!

4. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Did you try Marsho Madness mode yet filmfreak?(see my above edit), superb!

I don't think the co-op in Marsho Madness allows online co-op, slight shame as that would have been great fun, if my gf likes that mode later on though then it'll definitely be a buyer!

5. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Can you guys elaborate a little more on the Lemmings connection, Lemmings is one of my best games ever made!

I'm at work right now so can't try the demo for myself as yet. :mad:

6. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    For a start you don't have direct control over Eet, rather you control the additonal characters, mainly in their placements. These extra characters all have special powers, such as the whale which sucks things in then spits them out through his(ahem) blow hole. You often have the chance to either set up the characters to affect Eet directly, or affect some other trigger points around the screen such as explosions or moving some of the pre-fixed items to another area.

You plan & place the extra characters around the map before where you think they'll be best affective before releasing Eets, once Eets is moving around you have different buttons for each character(ie. X, Y, B etc.) to trigger off their moves. If all goes wrong & Eet fails to reach the goal you simply reset and move the things around before starting again.

Hope that makes slight sense:rolleyes:

7. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    Cheers Tetlee, it sounds like the sort of game I'd enjoy, I'll give it a try when I get home.

8. Whiting

Whiting

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Yeah, I'll probably buy this next time I'm at loose end. 100+ levels should mean plenty of "coming back for more" ; lord knows how frustrating some of the later levels are going to be...I struggled with one of the demo ones.

Marsho Madness is quite cool too :cool:

9. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Decided I had to go for the full purchase of Eets, only played the first demo levels of the main game so far as I got a bit addicted on the Marsho Madness mode.

If you think the demo section of Marsho Madness gets a bit hectic, wait until you play it without time limit........insane! The screen litterally fills with enemies and new ones keep appearing such as Mario style blocks, bomber planes, Tanks that require 4 combinations etc. Mad I tell you....but fun!:D

Fantastic value for the 800 points if you ask me, almost like having two games in one with the main game and Marsho Madness being so different in style.

10. Shaunio

Shaunio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    I really like this game, I bought it as soon as I'd run through the demo.

I like the way that whatever you do (or do wrong) it doesn't matter - just hit the stop button and it resets it, reposition your objects and press the start button to set him off again. No lives, no time limit, no worries :D

The comparisons to Lemmings are accurate in that when you press start Eet will start walking. When he comes to the edge of a ledge he will jump off it and die unless you find a way to get him across the level, using the various items at your disposal, and pick up the puzzle piece at the end.

The items you have to use are things like whales that suck him (or objects ;) ) in and fire him into the air out of their blowhole, little guys that fire explosive thingys, and mood altering marshmallows.

The mood thing is very important to the game as you have to get Eet in certain moods to get through the level

For example if he is scared then he won't jump off the edge of a ledge and will turn back and walk the other way.
    If he is angry then he will jump a long way off the edge of a ledge.
    You get him moody by either feeding him different marshmallows, or if you want to get him angry you can fire things at him.

I played that Marsho Madness game for a bit. That title is spot on, it gets very packed on screen after not too long doesn't it!! Really enjoy it though, and the whole game - well worth 800 points :thumbsup:

11. RidleyDeckard

RidleyDeckard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    Not yet, I'll have to give that a go in a bit, cheers for the heads up!

12. BananaTiger

BananaTiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Fantastic game! I played a few levels of this last night and it's really good fun. Redoing some of the levels to get the commando and ninja achievements adds replay value too, and makes you think that bit more harder. The lemmings anaolgy is pretty accurate, apart from you just guide the one character. Didn't understand the Marsho Madness game though .... what are you mean't to do in that? I kept pressing buttons and all I had were lines being drawn across the screen.

13. Shaunio

Shaunio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154

Each enemy has a button press sequence floating next to it. You press that and then the right trigger to fire your laser and destroy them.

For example if and enemy has "X" "Y" next to it Press X,Y,Right trigger and you'll kill it :smashin:

The lines that are drawn across the screen are to show who you are aiming at with each button press. If there are, say, 3 enemies on screen with the same button press sequence then you'll see 3 lines, press fire and you'll fire a laser at all of them

14. BananaTiger

BananaTiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Cheers Shaunio. Will try it again tonight.

15. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Managed to grab the 100,000 points achievement for Marsho Madness last night which I was pretty chuffed with.......then I had a look on the achievements list and there's another one for 1000,000:eek: Whaaaat! Now that'll be a challenge:rolleyes:

16. Shaunio

Shaunio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +154
    That's gotta be pretty tough.

I'm sure my scores aren't even near that 100k, let alone 1m ! :eek:

17. FatBoysOnTour

FatBoysOnTour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    This is kind of like the bizzare love child of The Incredible Machine, Chu Chu Rocket, Lemmings and Alien Hominoid. Weird! I'm not sure about the mini-game, but the main game is fantastic, and will be getting purchased, along with Pinball FX when my 2100 points card comes through from Ebay. We've really been spoiled for choice over the last few weeks, although I'm not enjoying 3D Minigolf so much now unfortunately. These two are going to tide me over until Catan though!

18. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I just managed to score 470,000 on single player Marsho Madness, which took me 20th in the world leaderboards. It must mean not to many people have played this game.

19. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    That's a fantastic score, can't remember my best but think it was less than half that:smashin:

Just think, you were almost half way to the 1000,000 achievement, from looking at the leaderboards I don't think there's a single person that's achieved that yet, think they set that one a bit too high(500,000 would have been plenty challenge enough!).

20. rio1981

rio1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    It's a neat little game - definitely one about keeping your cool so you don't lose your multiplier... I ran out of luck when I got to the things that fly in a straight line straight at Eets!

Great value arcade game this though, fiendish puzzles and a great little mini-game (recommended to anyone reading this!).

21. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Where did you get the gamerpic Rio? unlockable in-game or downloaded? Like it:cool:

22. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    One person has it Tetlee. They have 1,401,000 or something like that. That's impressive isn't it? lol

I agree with you though, stupid achievment I think, 500,000 would have been more realistic.

23. rio1981

rio1981

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +837
    Aha, unlocked in-game! The Mrs and one of her mates had a mammoth Eets session a few days back and it unlocked during the game (just after halfway I think?)...

24. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    I finally got 1,000,000 points on the Marsho Madness game, giving me all 200 points now. :clap:

25. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,820
    Wow, we're not worthy! Congratulations, I gave up on that one long ago.

Any tips? Apart from the obvious such as trying to get the larger ones broken up as quickly as possible so the chains can go through them.

26. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +81
    It's just practice really dude. You have to get your game to a level where you can pull of the combinations instinctively. As soon as you start to think about what you are doing, you panic then lose your multiplier.

I also found that getting rid of those planes as quick as possible will help, because they produce a big build up of meshes.