Question EE to EE number porting?

sedalbis

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Sorry if this has been asked before, I couldn't find anything.

I have a contract with EE which is about to run out and I also have a SIM only plan with them. When my contract runs out I am going to cancel that plan and use my SIM only plan exclusively.

I would like to move the phone number from my contract plan to that SIM only plan. I understand that internal number porting is not possible with EE (I don't know why, you can do it with Three!?).

So I guess I need to port my contract number with EE to a PAYG SIM with another provider, and then port that to my EE SIM only plan. Correct?

Please can someone recommend the best PAYG provider to use for this? Preferably a free one that doesn't require it to be topped up to activate.

Many thanks in advance! :)

Can they/will they not (simply?) convert your existing contract to a new SIM-O with your existing number at a suitable prioce, and then just end the other SIM-O plan?

Can they/will they not (simply?) convert your existing contract to a new SIM-O with your existing number at a suitable prioce, and then just end the other SIM-O plan?
Unfortunately not as my SIM only plan is also tied into a contract

I did this with EE and had no issues. I was on a contact and transferred my number to the sim only plan in less than 24 hours.

All done and dusted, I used a Three PAYG SIM to port out and then back in to EE. Only small issue was that Three wanted to know why I was leaving them after only a day. I just said the signal was rubbish :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom