EE sim in Asda handset?

Hitby

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
My Xperia Z1 won't turn on so I'm having to send it back to Sony for repair which means I'll be without a phone for about 10 days. I understand the Asda network piggy backs on the EE network - does this mean if I pick up a cheap handset from Asda I'll be able to use my sim in it until I get mine back (assuming it takes a micro sim)?

Also, any idea what the cheapest handset is that will take a micro sim, I'd generally google it while I was there but with no phone, I can't :)

Thanks in advance!

I was told that Asda are selling the EE Kestrel for a penny short of £50 but I could not find any in my local Asda this week but apparently this deal been going about a couple of weeks so I probably missed it.

I was looking for a cheap 4G for the car as a backup to my main phone and in the end I bought a Huawei Y550 for £45 plus £10 top-up from the Carphonewarehouse but again I had a bit of bad luck on obtaining one as the guy in my local CPW shop did not even know that they had a half price 4G PAYG deal on and in the end I had to order one on line with free next day tracked delivery but the bonus here is the phone is not locked.

If you just want a simple 2G phone I’m sure Asda have a few for not more than £20 or maybe even less as does Tesco not sure if these phone would have the micro sim though but most 4G ones do.

Thanks, I found an old handset at home that's tiding me over - my Z1 is on its way back to me now although this whole episode has made me consider an iPhone again :S

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom