1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Educatated Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by JohnnyPanix, Dec 13, 2001.

1. JohnnyPanix

JohnnyPanix
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey All,

I am looking for some opinions, and this seems like the best place to ask.

I am about to buy a new tv and after a previous post i am now in a bit of a quandry.

I am fixating on the Sony 24" Wega (KV24LS35), BUT a user here (markjcm800) has told me that he is going to plump for the new Panasonic 28" TAU (TX28PL1). Both models are 50hz. And 'seem' to offer similar specs, and more importantly, I can get them for a similar price, just under £500.

BUT, you lot know more than I do. I haven't seen the Panasonic for real yet, but I loved the picture quality on the Sony.

:confused:

I AM OPEN TO YOUR SUGGESTIONS...

In other words, I NEED ADVICE!!!!

thank you thank you thank you thank you.

JP

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    You will get six different opinions from six different people with regard to televisions. Myself, I am a lover of the JVC 50Hz range which I think offer fine value for money.

The one thing that people will all agree on is that you should buy the largest screen that you can afford to get that full cinematic effect and perhaps 24" is a little on the small side.

3. kenfowler3966

kenfowler3966

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    24 inch is minute, you need a 32 inch to effectively hold the 4:3 picture you would have seen on a conventional 25 inch set.

Go for the biggest you can afford that will physically fit, and look at differing styles. for example my 36inch toshiba picture frame is smaller than most 32 inch sets once you take the size of the cabinet into consideration.