Quantcast

Editor's Choice Awards – Best Tech & Mobile 2017

KoThreads

I've had two dots for over a year and for me they are very good but too tied in to Amazon which from my experience is where people are going to loose out. I bought a Google Home mini and very quickly the Dots were put away as the home mini not only was more intelligent but it worked with my switches, light and my three CCA and CC right away, allowing all my music on Googles cloud to stream through the house, with no subs to pay

However just this last week the switches and bulbs have had firmware updates and have stopped working with the Home mini and now state Alexa, no mention of Google Home, so I've had to bring a Dot back out. I'm now in the position where I have both going.

I've just read about the Amazon/Google war getting worse, now it looks like it's happening here.

One thing is clear for someone like myself with a disability either of these is a cheap way to do what used to cost a fortune or was just impossible. For that reason alone they both deserve an award. I just wish the companies would see sense but looking at all the other battles between rivals over the years I doubt that's ever going to happen.

Last edited:

ryanvincent

Banned
Great read many thanks.

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
Technical innovation moves at a frightening pace these days and this year has seen a number of key innovations that will undoubtedly change our lives over the coming years. So here are our choices for the best mobile phone, mobile feature and technical innovation of 2017.
All three of them? Or is the page not rendering correctly?

bella165

Standard Member
Oh that was very interesting to read what others thought and the awards given, I like the dot but hate being tied to one company, Tecnology is growing at a alarming rate.