Editing with Tosh XS32 and a PC

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by jmontra2, Dec 26, 2004.

1. jmontra2

jmontra2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I’d like to convert some Hi 8 and VHS old video tapes to DVD. First at all I send the images from the cam to the HD of the Tosh XS32, later I record a DVD-RW and finalize it.
    Once I did so, I read the files in my PC and I’d like to use a editing program like Pinnacle Studio 9, because it offers more possibilities than the Tosh.
    The problem is that this software can’t read DVD-Video files, so I have to convert to .mpg, edit it and then save in the DVD.
    Can anybody recommend me a program that can do this conversion? What parameters (type of encoding: 720x480 or 576? Type of sound?) I have to choose?
    Is there another program able to edit files in DVD-Video format and then record the changes in a DVD?
    I really appreciate if someone could help me.

Jordi
    Barcelona

2. johnjackthom

johnjackthom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +284
    There is a new TMPGEnc Editor available that may speed up the process as it works on the existing mpeg2 file and only re-encodes around transitions.

You can test it with a trial download.

3. jmontra2

jmontra2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks!
    I supose I can convert from DVD to .mpg with this program (TMPEnc), and then edit with the Pinnacle Studio 9.
    I've read that the program Ulead VideoStudio 8 can read directly from a DVD-R or DVD-RAM, edit the images and save them in a DVD.
    Could anyone who have tried it tell me if is true and is a good program, please?
    The prices of Pinnacle and Ulead are aprox. the same.

Thanks,

Jordi
    Barcelona