1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing With Nero

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Garrett, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Is it possible to edit a music file with Nero 5.5. I can get it up to play the tune and show the sound wave and mark where I want to split it, but it seems to do nothing and I cannot delete the unwanted part.
    Also when you choose a number of music files how can you stop it putting spaces between the files, apart from deleting them individually?

2. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Garrett

As far as I am aware you cannot edit MP3's with Nero. I have a handy little util called MP3splitter. Very good it is ;)

As for the gap between tracks I think that there is something under the options that you can set so that there is no gap. I think as default it is set to two seconds :D

3. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I presume it will be similar to delays introduced between image files when burning VCDs. Click on delay and adjust to zero. In the image clips it defaults to infinite therefore prompting you to use your remote to skip to the next image.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Thanks for the help.
    I looked in the help section but I could not find anything under pause will look for the delay.
    The files are not MP3 but wave files. I can get a marker up and when I right click?? I get the options cut, split but does nothing! why have them there if they do nothing :confused:

5. enajh2

enajh2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Garrett,

With a plain Audio CD layout, select all but the first file in the layout and right-click properties. You can set the pause to Zero seconds. However, the first pause on the CD cannot be less than 2 seconds. This is so that the Red-book audio cd standard is adhered to. If you set it to 0 or 1 then Nero will flag this up before you come to burn your cd.

As far as file editing goes, if you highlight one file in your cd layout and click the Edit button at the top of the layout window, it should open up your wav or mp3 in Nero's wave editor. Here you can export it to Aiff, mp3, mp3pro and wav etc.

Hope this helps,

Alan

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,019
    Thank for that enajh2 and pointing the gaff in the obit column the other day I was going to PM you but you do not have enabled. ;)