Editing .ts (DVB) Recordings - Handbrake/Project X advice

Discussion in 'Computer Software & Operating Systems' started by elsmandino, Sep 11, 2012.

1. elsmandino

elsmandino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi there,

I am in the process of tidying up all my .ts files that I have recorded using Mediaportal.

I would like to edit out the adverts, correct any errors in the stream and convert the files to h.264 MKVs (not just for saving space but so I can play them on my tablet).

I have been recommended to use Project X for the editing/error correction and Handbrake for the re-encoding.

Unfortunately, I am having trouble finding any documentation relating to Project X and the user interface is a little unintuitive.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,105
    Well I cant offer any advice on Project X but what I use and is simple enough for basic editing is SolveigMM (commercial software), it is a lossless output of the video after edits so you can feed it into any x264 encoder, it can also edit x264/mkv files too.

3. elsmandino

elsmandino

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi,

Thanks for that - I have never heard of that program and shall give it a whirl tonight.

Do you know whether it has error correction and frame accurate editing?