Editing the soundrack of the video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Tom Palny, Nov 9, 2001.

1. Tom Palny

Tom Palny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony PC110 DV camera, and I really need advice about how do I edit the soundtrack of what I've shot. I want to insert music while disabling the sound of what was shot, and also inserting music in the background of the actual sound that was recorded. How do I accomplish that?
    Thank you.

2. Cliff

Cliff
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,665
    If you can afford it Adobe Premier is the bees knees.
    You can get a trial version from their website ot better see it on a magazine cover. thsi runs for 30 days.
    It is a complecated package but very flexible re sound and pictures. Another is Ulead.

3. Arthur.S

Arthur.S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First of all you need to get yourself a capture card or a firewire card. www.lynxdv.com are pretty good. Something like the Pyro Pro, which comes with the full version of Media Studio Pro 6.0 would probably be as good as you'll ever want. There are different versions though with various other editing packages bundled. If you go for something with a 'lite' version of an editing package though, you could well find that a year down the line the video editing bug has bitten you, & you'll need to upgrade. You pays yer money, you takes yer choice!

4. wattsonp

wattsonp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know what type of camcorder this is (DV or 8mm), but if you dont want to invest in a firewire cable, then i suggest you do what i do. MIX. i use an analogue video?audio mixer, which allows yo to connect source audio and video, extra line audio like a cd player, and output to target.
    You then use the faders up and down according to your tastes. make sure you prepare your sound track form before if you dont wanty to stay stopping during recording.

Good luck

Wattson

5. Gurubarry

Gurubarry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to post what equipment and /or method of editing you are using first. All of the advice is sound, it's the method we need.