Question Editing software, resolve, hitfilm express mainly

ad47uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi peeps,
A couple of things. I used to use Vegas and yes it is a nice bit of software, but lacking in some things, so I went over to hitfilm express, which to be honest I do like, been using it for a while now, but then I found Davincie resolve. I do like it, got better support for titles, than Hitfilm express, certainly due to fusion, even if it is complex, but i can't seem to keep it stable.
Davincie will just crash out of the blue and it seems like it is a normal thing, going by different articles.
does anyone have the same problem?

Computer, is a AMD ryzen 7 1700, 48GB of ram, a 256GB NvME drive and some other SSD and spinny drives, the only niggle is my video card, it is getting on now, a Radion R9 280, it is going to be replaced sometime in the next couple of months.

So have anyone else found the same problem with Davincie, is it my video card?
Maybe I should stay with hitfilm, which I do like and I have got some add ons for it.

Hi, . . . your spec looks impressive - and I suspect above the average user* - so I'd be surprised if it's your PC . . . but you mention the video-card - are your crashes when this is supplying computing-power.... OR is it acting as a passive add-on - so you can watch the display screen? If you are using for Rendering, that might point to the card. Hve you ashed Hit Film if there are known "good Cards" perhaps?

+Would it be right to assume you are running 4K - - - and that all your memory is the speed you expected?​
Have you tried to slow the CPU - to see if 20% (say) slower, reduces the problem...?

Cheers H.

* For 4K, I'll have to buy a new PC, but I planned to use just 16k RAM . . . which would allow for expansion, by leaving two slots free. The software you mention is, by most accounts, entirely reliable and good at doing its job..... There used to be some tie-up between HitFilm and Vegas . . . does this show in the screen layout, perhaps. Of course the latest Vegas Pro is greatly improved and mimicking the effects in other more-expensive products. However, it' difficult to argue when these programs are free. Of course they want you to buy the "full-version" but making it crash would be commercial suicide, IMHO.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom