1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

editing software and microsoft SP2?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by 90210, Jun 10, 2005.

1. 90210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the right place but cant really place where to ask...... I have just splashed out on a new pc and am starting to put all my software on etc. I dont think that my win XP has the service pack 2 on and i know that it has caused some conflict and wanted opinions. I thought if i install it all all it wouldbe best at the outset before any more programmes are loaded? Is there any need to install it at all do you think? I am also going to install pinnacle when i get around to it .

2. oldjohn

oldjohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I would have thought a new computer would have service pack 2 installed,you can check yourself, go to Start,right click on My Computer and select Properties, it should show which service pack is installed.

The only problem I had with Service Pack 2 was it caused my modem to crash using AOL,a new driver download solved that problem.
    Hope this helps.
    John.

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I think that the majority of reported problems with firewire & SP2 were with people useing Panasonic camcorders. MS were aware of the problem and I believe made a patch available for download that resolved the problem. Do a search on this forum for the full details as I've never had any problems on my PC with SP2 and therefore can't remember exactly what needs to be done.

Mark.

4. davet010

davet010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I've got a Panasonic NV-GS 75 and Pinnacle Studio 9, and had no probs with SP2.