Editing (Removing) Viewing Packs via www.sky.com?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Hippogriff, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi all,

I registered on www.sky.com today for the first time since getting Sky back in 2000. I had a gander at my profile and the packs I was subscribed to and, like a numptie, realised I had things I didn't really need - and had had them for many, many years.

I have what, on the website bill, is termed as Family Pack which seems to include Variety Pack, Children's Pack, Knowledge Pack, Style & Culture Pack, Music Pack and News & Events Pack.

Now... I know I don't want Children's Pack or Music Pack - I'm not too sure about Style & Culture Pack either (I have enough style and culture already :)!) so I would like to remove 2 or 3 packs and make relative savings of £2 or £3 per month... doesn't sound much but, hey, you might as well not pay for what you don't use, right?

Now... Upgrades of your Viewing Package seems easy on www.sky.com but it's not exactly easy, for me, to find out how you might 'downgrade', if that's the right term.

Does anyone know if this can be done via the website or is it going to require a telephone call and all the hassle that that entails, i.e. a very long queue, interacting with a, probably, lobotomised Sky CSR and some kind of unusual mistake in execution (maybe they upgrade me to Sky HD without me asking, or something) that causes me to complain and eventually get £50 credit..?

Appreciate any guidance as to whether it's possible to remove Packs from your Viewing Package on www.sky.com.

2. fernandez

fernandez

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    Sorry, but by all accounts if you want to cancel any of the Mixes (downgrade) then you will need to call them.
    As you've seen adding Mixes is easy but they will do their best to keep you on your current package.
    Look on the bright side, you may get something (at least for a short while) to your advantage.

3. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Not a great surprise, but still a disappointment.

I'll gird my loins for the call...

Children's Pack and Music Pack for 8 years! Crikey. What a waste. A few curries and pints there.

4. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    This is not bad, did it via email - no queueing, no challenged CSR, no justification, no arguing... just:

I think their maths might be cock-eyed, though, as I don't really get the £18.22 part. If I pay £21.50 now and will pay £19.50 in the future, surely the month where I change my Packs would be somewhere in between £19.50 and £21.50 - not £18.22... but I'm not going to complain.

Anyway... the moral of the story here is - you might be able to do more than you think with Sky via email, rather than queueing on the phone.

5. ParaNoiA

ParaNoiA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    what you will find is you actually paid in advance for your current package, so its lower because you had already paid it, so they give it back,

6. Hippogriff

Hippogriff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Ah, thanks.

Well, I am happy - not once in over 8 years have I even accidentally switched to one of the Children's channels, and the Music channels are completely naff anyway. £2 a month ain't gonna change the world, but it's far better being in my pocket than Sky's. At this level, Sky+ starts to look very good value when compared to the TV Licence even.

7. chriswoodcock68

chriswoodcock68
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just email the Sky tv team from the contact page and they will take care of it - at least they did for me.

8. chriswoodcock68

chriswoodcock68
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, I should read all the posts before replying.