Editing out DVDs from off-air recordings (eg: Ads)

davisneil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering, I would like to compile all the 'air crash investigation' programs i have dotted about onto one dvd so i can send to a friend who wants to see them, however most of them are a single program that ive started recording then gone to bed, such the rest of the dvd is the programmes i dont want that were on later that night. What i want to do is create a new chapter effectively with just that program on it that i could compile onto another dvd or delete off the unwanted stuff and continue using the disc. Is this possible? Also, can i edit out ads in the same fashion?

Please help

:)

It depends on the features of your recorder. It may be easier to transfer the video to a PC and edit & compile there, but you will obviously need both hardware (DVD writer) and software to do that

davisneil said:
Hi all,

I was wondering, I would like to compile all the 'air crash investigation' programs i have dotted about onto one dvd so i can send to a friend who wants to see them, however most of them are a single program that ive started recording then gone to bed, such the rest of the dvd is the programmes i dont want that were on later that night. What i want to do is create a new chapter effectively with just that program on it that i could compile onto another dvd or delete off the unwanted stuff and continue using the disc. Is this possible? Also, can i edit out ads in the same fashion?

Not unless your DVDR (the model no of which you omitted to tell us) has a hard drive.
The only other way is with a PC and editing software.

sorry yes its a alba thingy but i did plan to use my pc for the job. does anyone know of any ideally free software to do this
?
cheers

davisneil said:
a alba thingy

Good God .. I really do not mean to be rude ... but you are not exactly bending over backwards to help us to help you.

Some precision in your questions will get you much closer to what you want to know.

davisneil said:
sorry yes its a alba thingy but i did plan to use my pc for the job. does anyone know of any ideally free software to do this
?
cheers
try the doom9 site you may find what you want there
norfred

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom