Editing my Sony DCR PC101E footage on Pinnacle v6

T

timculverhouse

Hi Everyone,

I purchased the Sony DCR PC101E in May 2003. I am very pleased with it and it does exactly what I wanted it to do. However, due to exams and my computer being a real pain and not recognising the cam when I hooked it up I have only just managed to get the computer to work with it and am looking forward to some fun editing. (The problem seemed to sort itself out when I purchased a USB hub and connected via that for still pics - even though i was using a Firewire cable for the moving images.):confused: Anyway we seem to be all sorted now.

So onto the real problem. Now the comp recognises the cam I was chuffed to bits that I was able to upload footage into Pinnacle V6 on the capture section. Practically ecstatic when I was able to edit it and add in titles, fades, wipes etc BUT when I came to make movie and importantly put it back in edited format onto a MiniDV tape it wouldn't do it!

I have rendered the project both under the Video tab and AVI tab. On the Video tab I clicked on the option "Send Record to DV deck" and when I click on go/play the camcorder does kick in but it seems to carry on whilst the computer sort of stops after about 2 seconds. Basically I'm in a mess with it all!!, to say the least and I can't have AVI files on the computer as within a month I'll have eaten any memory I have left!!.

My ultimate goal is to have my rendered films on MiniDV tapes for playback on the camcorder via the TV. I don't have a DVD writer in case anyone was wondering.

Many many many thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions, see me as a challenge!! I'll try and respond to any suggestions promptly so that if it doesn't work we can think on!!!! Basically HELP I'm a bit of a newbie in a digital camera dilemma in need of a lesson in this.

Tim Culverhouse

I think this should be moved to the camcorders forum, you'll get more help there.

What operating system are you using? How much memory is there (that's RAM, not hard disk space)?

When you talk about Pinnacle, I'm assuming you mean Pinnacle Studio. Version 9 has now been released. Are you sure you've got version 6? Looking on Pinnacle Shop's web site, you can upgrade (for only £40) to version 9 from versions 1.x, 7.x and 8.x. This suggests that there wasn't a version 6, or are you actually using a different program?

If it is Studio you are using and it's actually version 7 or 8, I suggest you make sure that you've got the latest Studio service pack installed. These can be downloaded from Pinnacle's web site, back to version 7. Alternatively upgrading to version 9 will give you a more up to date version that is more compatible with your camcorder.

Thanks for the reply Melliott. I've taken your advice and moved it to camcorders forum too.

I've checked and I'm using v1.1.0.19 of Pinnacle Studio DV and Windows XP. As for the RAM the system information says 119.48MB capacity. Does this help any further solve my problem?

Incidently I also have Pixela Imagemixer V1.0 for Sony, ULead VideoStudio6 SE Basic, Windows Movie Maker and Animater DV Simple. I don't suppose anyone can add any info if they know how to get footage back on the cam from any of the above programs??

Many thanks

Tim Culverhouse

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom