editing Hd before burning to disc

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by passthebiscuits, Dec 30, 2006.

1. passthebiscuits

passthebiscuits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi could someone please help as I cant seem to get a definative answer from my local electrical stores.

Is it possible to Edit a programme while it is on a Hdrive before burning it to a disc EG removing adverts.

If so could you tell me which dvd/HD combo machines will do this...

Many thanks

2. Aidoscuz

Aidoscuz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Yep, you can definitely do that with just about every HD Recorder I can think of. I'd recommend the Panasonic EX75. I've got one and it's absolutely brilliant, picture quality is great and it's really easy to use. Editing programmes on the hard disc is simple as well. You just create chapters at the start and end of ad breaks and then delete them, and then you can burn the edited programme to DVD in a couple of minutes.

3. JH4

JH4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    Ditto with Sony - just do an A-B delete and it keeps what's left as one recording, ready to 'dub' ( as Sony call it ) to disc. You can (re)name the recording as well, so it shows the title in the menu when the disc is loaded.

4. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Yep - have done that tonight with my new Sony RDR-HXD560 that I bought earlier today. Very very pleased with the machine.