1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing from a DVD

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Siros, Jan 9, 2005.

1. Siros

Siros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, newbie here.
    I have just bought an LG DR4810, it records onto DVD-RW media and does it very well. I have used it to copy my old VHS tapes and it does that well to. However, I have a small problem which I hope somebody will be able to shed some light on.
    If I insert the recorded disk into my computer and bring up windows explorer, there is no trace of any files anywhere on the disk. It seems that the computer cannot see anything on the DVD at all. This is a pain as I was hoping to edit the video from my old tapes. It doesn't matter what I record either, TV, VHS etc the computer sees nothing. Also the DVD's will not play in Windows media player, which is also a pain. If anybody has any ideas out there, and can help, I would be very grateful and will be more than willing to share my entire stock of beer with you.
    Cheers
    Simon the newbie. :lease:

2. den911

den911

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think it may be a simalar problem that you get with dvd-ram and the dvd drive not recognising (reading )i had the same problem with my dvd drive not reading ram bought a new one for £20 and it nows reads both rw and ram no doubt one of the guys with more knowledge than me will sort you out . it will only be a small problem .

3. Siros

Siros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully it will only be a little issue.

4. PhilipL

PhilipL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +421
  5. EN

EN
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just asking, have you finilazed the disk?
    I can read all finalized disks in my pc.

6. Siros

Siros

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well bargain hunters I have done it. I followed the links from PhilipL 's reply and It seems that, as EN suggested, I had to finalise the DVD first before I could see anything on it. Once I had done this I found the files as follows,
    VR_MANGR & VR_MOVIE.VRO
    I then went to: http://www.womble.com/ and downloaded mpeg video wizard. This recognised the VBO file and I exported it out as mpeg 2. Great.
    Thanks for all your help.