Editing Channel List

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by dale_hopkinson, May 1, 2007.

1. dale_hopkinson

dale_hopkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. Got myself a technotrend budget s2-3200 works fine.
    Anyway I made a tps file with everything in it on 28.2 and mce has found over a thousand channels. I would like to keep most of these, but they are in a random order, even changing the order of frequencies would still mean too much moving around. Took me about 10mins just to change two channels so I'm not going to use mce's settings.

Spent hours looking all over the internet and cannot seem to find a definate answer, so sorry if this has been asked before:

How can I edit the channel list outside of mce? Is there a third party tool for this, or even an xml I'm quite happy to change myself. Or how can I get mce to put the channels in the proper sky order ie BBC1 as channel 101 and Sky One as channel 106? Would it not do this normally if I was using a stb?

At the min i've got ITV2+1 as channel 1, then about 7 ITV1 regional variations etc

I'll attatch the tps file I spent about an hour making, as I couldn't find a complete one anywhere. It will help people new to this, basically just go down the list and delete any you don't want. (edit: think one line in there might not have enough 0's on frequency)

Thanks for all the help I'm getting from this forum guys, keep it up!

Attached Files:

2. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    There is no easy answer. MCE was never designed to handle 1000s of channels.

There is available a German utility called mce2dvbs. You can download it from http://www.reycom-mediacenter.ch/rmcdownload_mc.asp. Just scroll down to mce2dvbs Utility The tool is there & as a separate download is a document with the original German instructions with side by side an English translation which was actually done by a past contributor to the Sticky Thread at the top of this forum.

mce2dvbs works by populating the Exclusion list in the registry which you can do by hand or use julianmaclean's Excel spreadsheet http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499892

3. dale_hopkinson

dale_hopkinson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for this sounds like it could be what I'm looking for.

Cannot get it to install though, I'm using Vista so don't know if thats an issue. It says in german something like it was interuppted before it could complete and automatically undo's what its installed.