1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Editing audio...help!

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by scott69, Jul 27, 2003.

1. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I recently filmed an outdoor wedding on my dv cam.
    the wind reduction was not on, and the result is every time a gust of wind hits the mic. peoples voices are not heard as well as they should be. Does anyone know of any software which could remove or reduce this problem ? I have pinnacle studio 8, which is no help in this instance. I tried adobe premier 6 trial version, but couldn't get the noise to reduce sufficiently on that either.

2. vonhosen

vonhosen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Your best bet is probably sound editing application like Sonic Foundry's Sound Forge or more budget line is something like CoolEdit

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,078
    Yep, I'd go for SoundForge. You can open, directly, many types of video file (although you can only edit the audio part). It has a wealth of filters, equalisers, and other tools, which you can apply to either the whole file, or to a selected part. You can preview the effect before applying it and it has loads of 'undo' steps in case you mess up. So, I guess you could highlight a gust of wind, and apply an equaliser to it to remove all the bass, below, say 300hz (trial and error to get the right value) etc......

4. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys, I've checked the links and agree this is the sort of thing I'm looking for. Cheers !

5. scott69

scott69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just for info. I managed to improve the quality using a free program ( off the cover dvd of DigitalVideo made easy mag.)called Goldwave. Although I was unable to import the audio back into my Pinnacle studio 8 project, I simply saved the audio on to cd-rom and then imported it as a music track. I then turned the sound of the video off and it was only a matter of trial and error to get the audio and video in sync.
    The results were very good considering it cost nowt !!