Editing Adverts Out

gogbreath

Standard Member
I would like to be able to edit adverts out of recordings made from the TV. My DVD recorder (Sony HXD710) has an inbuilt system but I often get a "frozen frame" of about 1/2 sec by using the built in method. I thought I would be able to do some basic editing using the PC but MovieMaker doesn't recognise the format if the file used on the recording.

Does anybody know how I can do this? It cannot be difficult, surely.

Many thanks

solidamber

I use http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/tme.html
Well I've got a free earlier version it accepts all the formats used by stand alone recorders, I use it to make compilations of my kids favourite satellite progs I can whip out the ads and links in a couple of Min's and add some nice menus and titles, I record onto a DVDRW on the stand alone and use this prog to edit and record on to a DVDR.

gogbreath

Standard Member
Many thanks. I'll give that a go. I see the current version of the prog is a 14 day trial. I'll try that and see how I get on. Meanwhile, if anybody else has further suggestions please let me know.

marty2005

Novice Member

nwgarratt

VideoRedo, Mpeg Video Wizard or the older Mpeg2VCR is better. They are able to edit to the exact frame. I don't know about the new version of TMPGenc DVD Author but, version 1.6 only edit the mpeg I frames. It is also the reason why you have half a second or 12 frames left over.

There is no free version of TMPGEnc DVD Author.