Edit Out Ads With Tosh Rx32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PHOBIC ®, Nov 7, 2004.

1. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I had a search for previous threads, and i guess i may have used the wrong search criteria, so which functions of the TOSH does one use to take out ad breaks in a programme ? Its still on the HDD at the moment, so does one do the editing on there?

If someone could say which functions of the manual to use, i will try and folllow it, though i find the manual rather over my head. I was looking at " Chapters and titles " and " original " and " playlist " stuff, but frankly, i couldnt make head nor tail of it.
    But then i am green as the jolly green giant, and i have only had the TOSH for a couple of weeks, and done nothing but a timer recording so far.

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    1st thing is to chapter the programme. You can either do this by watching/fast forwarding the programme and pressing the chapter divide button at the appropriate points. Or by highlighting programme in content menu and then clicking edit menu then chapter edit. The second method is preferable if you want to be accurate (but if its all new dont worry about accuracy). If there are lots of ads its worth naming the chapter to CUT so you know what you are cutting.

Once chaptered you can do one of 2 things:
    1) Go to content menu and select programme. Press star to see chapters. Highlight unwanted chapters (either labelled cut or duration time around 3 mins) and use quick menu then delete chapter. This is easiest method but can cause fragmentation of hard disk over time.

2) Playlists! As above get content menu, highlight programme. Then select edit menu, then playlist editing. On the top half will be your programme. On the bottom will be the play list. Press star to see the chapters of the programme at the top and then select the bits you want to keep (remote options on bottom of screen so I wont go through buttons to press). The play list at the bottom will then be all the programme bits you want to keep. When finished. When you look at the content menu you will see original and playlist without ads. If you want you can either burn playlist dorect to a DVD or create an original on the HDD from the playlist.

3. CLH

CLH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Don't forget.

Once you've done 1 above "re-combine" the chapters and allow the option in the setup menu to automatically create timed chapters (i.e. 5,10,15 minutes etc)

4. PHOBIC ®

PHOBIC ®

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks a lot dude !!