Edinburgh Festival People Mono

I viewed this large and it looked a lot better. This is actually quite well composed shot, I like it :) Lots of interesting details to be found.

Very nice Andy - bang on theme - as Miranda says nice composition - mono works well here :)

I quite like this Andy, plenty to look at, hits the theme and nice processing as well :smashin:

Darren

Thanks for all the comments

Please do look at this via Flickr to see all the detail and "People!" doing all different things. View big.

Icemanonline

Thanks for all the comments

Please do look at this via Flickr to see all the detail and "People!" doing all different things. View big.

Icemanonline

You're right Andy - viewed large there's a heck of a lot going on in that picture :cool:

Must admit I was surprised at how much noise there is as well given the EXIF info - did you do anything unusual in the processing and was this shot as JPEG ?

Jim

You're right Andy - viewed large there's a heck of a lot going on in that picture :cool:

Must admit I was surprised at how much noise there is as well given the EXIF info - did you do anything unusual in the processing and was this shot as JPEG ?

Jim

Hi Jim

It was a jpeg instrong sunlight original was colour. Converted to mono and edited to bring out the detail inthe whole shot. Didn't think the noise was that bad but in saying that I never used any reduction software. I think it looks fine actually.

Looked on a 24" monitor and looks fine Jim!! Maybe your going blind Jim!! Mmmmmmmmmmm........... You been burning the midnight oil mate?!!

Aye Aye

Ice

LOL - yeah my eyesight is fine Andy - especially when I'm wearing my "Gregs" ;)

I suspected it was a straight JPEG and I know that the E-PL1's sensor is getting on a bit now but for ISO 200 in good light I really expected better - still a cracking shot of course :)

LOL - yeah my eyesight is fine Andy - especially when I'm wearing my "Gregs" ;)

I suspected it was a straight JPEG and I know that the E-PL1's sensor is getting on a bit now but for ISO 200 in good light I really expected better - still a cracking shot of course :)

Jim......I just checked again on my 24" monitor and an iPad and a iPod and the shots looks fine. For a M43 jpeg I would say the shot is more than acceptable mate. And compared to a DSLR the Oly E- PL1 shots are brilliant. Noise that there is .....is fine, it's not that bad.

Maybe your gear needs calibrated ......... Or maybe not!

:)

Ice

LOL - well as my screen is calibrated then I guess we'll have to agree to differ as to what's acceptable jpeg noise on a large sensor camera at 200 ISO then Andy - but I can only imagine how much worse it would look on a 24" monitor :devil: :p

LOL - well as my screen is calibrated then I guess we'll have to agree to differ as to what's acceptable jpeg noise on a large sensor camera at 200 ISO then Andy - but I can only imagine how much worse it would look on a 24" monitor :devil: :p

Maybe you need your eyes calibrated Jim!!

Got my 2 kids and partners looking on the 24 inch screen and they all think you've been smoking something cos it's looking fine!!

Now they are all in there 20,s and perfect vision and sober! But.................. Wait ................. Jim!!? Maybe you have been drinking!! That's it.

Look on the bright side Jim.............. Av never had anything rise and stay up this long mate. At my age that is a bonus. Pity it's just comments on a thread.

:>}}

Aye Maybe !!

Ice

Lol ;)

Interesting shot. On theme. I'm really not keen on blown skies though. It also looks over sharpened. Sorry

Blown? A little because it was a sunny day and way bright. Over sharpened? certainly not. In fact it probably could have been edited more but I think the shot is fine and the composition and finish speak volumes.

Thanks for the comment though............:)

icemanonline

iceman

your flickr says it was taken in July?

If so then it isn't valid!

iceman

your flickr says it was taken in July?

If so then it isn't valid!

Hi Zone................Not sure why that is ........have looked but its wrong.

I have a screen shot of the shot being taken on Aug 7 2012 that I will attach.

Also the Edinburgh Festival starts in August!! So impossible to take a festival shot before.

Here is the screen shot and I have the colour original if you need it emailed mate.....

proofofentry.jpg

if you need the colour original just PM or ask here

ice

Link to the Fringe Edinburgh Festival http://www.edfringe.com/whats-on/programme
Runs from 3rd to 27th Aug and that is on the website under the bird.

Last edited:
Hi Zone................Not sure why that is ........have looked but its wrong.

I have a screen shot of the shot being taken on Aug 7 2012 that I will attach.

Also the Edinburgh Festival starts in August!! So impossible to take a festival shot before.

Here is the screen shot and I have the colour original if you need it emailed mate.....

if you need the colour original just PM or ask here

ice

Link to the Fringe Edinburgh Festival Programme | Edinburgh Festival Fringe
Runs from 3rd to 27th Aug and that is on the website under the bird.

Cheers for all that, it'll do :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom