Edimax HP2002AC - Devices not connecting

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by holidayinn, Mar 7, 2013.

1. holidayinn

holidayinn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Purchased an EDIMAX HomePlug 2002AC Set a few months back. After some issues trying to generate a signal I managed to get it working by changing the DHCP settings.

Now, a couple of days ago my devices suddenly stopped connecting to the homeplug even though lights on homeplug show a wireless connection.

Indeed my tablet senses the connection yet cannot connect. The router itself seems to be working fine, as I can connect to the internet with no issues on the main PC.

Can anyone please advise what the issue could be? I don't have much knowledge on networks and am struggling to find any solution.

2. mickevh

mickevh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,717
    Sounds like your HomePlugs aren't talking to each other. try plugging them into a double socket next to each other and see if they establish a link.

IP isn't normally is establishing such communications, so I wouldn't expect changing DHCP settings to make any difference. DHCP is more relevant to your endstations. That "fundaemental" communications mechaisms (wi-fi, ethernet, Homeplug) need to be established and working before anything "IP" (including DHCP) can begin to do anything.

It's possible to be able to estblish a wi-fi link to a HomePlug without the "upstream" comms being present. The two are not dependent on each other. Though of course, if the HomePLug link over the mains isn't established, your wi-fi client could only talk to other wi-fi devices associated with the same HomePlugs wi-fi.

3. holidayinn

holidayinn
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Mick, your post assisted me in fixing the issue. Many thanks.