Definitely agree on every point, these are incredible sounding for the price. One of my friends who has a set of £2000 tannoys for his 5.1, could not believe these are £250. He plans on buying a pair for his PC/Media room, and stated if he didn't have his 5.1 system he would be satisfied with these, no question.As mentioned I think the review slightly misses the point of this unit. While it might not be the best solution for TV, it is a great solution for music listening. I have it connected to a good DAC which in turn is connected to PC playing flacs. I have it positioned in a small room, subwoofer on the floor, both speakers on the desk and it is a fantastic set. Sound quality is fantastic. I have returned Jamo S308 and bought this instead and for a small space there is no comparison with the Jamo. These beat just about anything I have had in this room previously.
- fantastic sound, clarity and low lows (even on low volume levels)
- IMO good looking set
- small speakers ideal for desk placement
- no speaker grill for any of the speakers. Especially worrying for the subwoofer which is under the desk. I have ordered a plastic 10" grill and plan to stick it on to protect the speaker from accidentally putting my foot through it
- no treble +/- and bass +/- on remote; remote design not great. Circular shape means that you are never sure which way you hold it until you look at it. Source selection buttons too prominent. Volume etc should be large buttons not other way around
- it doesn't remember the volume settings after you switch it off completely. Defaults to quite loud, so I need to lower the volume each time after switching it off completely.
All the cons are massively shadowed but the sound quality. Pair with with a good music source and it is an amazing deal for the money.
So, how are you getting on then?Great, thank you
Yes not having ARC is not ideal, but rarely does a product bring everything. I'll only switch on for occasions like movies, gaming (casual) or sports events. It won't be on 24/7 so I think we'll manage. Sound is the most important factor.
I just bought these new on eBay all in for £218.50 using eBay's discount code PICKME5 available today. Also ordered a couple of glass speaker stands. Super excited to hook this up!! Glad I didn't go for the Logitechs. I've always wanted a decent sounding 2.1 without breaking the bank.