edifier monitors

nCore

Standard Member
Reaction score
30lp4sz.jpg
Hi, so i made this riser for my computer table which im proud of but the speakers seems it lost some of its sound :/.

The two empty sides are going to be drawers so its still incomplete.

'...but the speakers seems it lost some of its sound.'

Could you please expand on that?

Well just sound kinda muddy if that's the right term :/

In all honesty, that doesn't make a lot of sense. The speakers seem to be in a better position, more at ear level. The new Stands seems solid enough.

Is the table we are seeing your actual computer table, or is this just a work bench? It appears to be cover with carpet or some type of ...something... fabric related. Did the speakers originally sit on the fabric surface? If so, try covering the speaker shelves with a similar type of fabric.

Do the speakers have feet? At least little rubber or vinyl dots acting as feet?

Steve/bluewizard

Its a computer desk and the black sheet is just a non-slip sheet. Yeah the speakers have feet but its what it came with it so just a tiny feet "not even rubber" i think.

Before the riser the speakers were sat on a similar platform but a little smaller. The sound quality were the same so i thought making a better and solid one would improve it a little. Put a cloth under the speakers?

Is the Non-Slip sheet a permanent part of the computer desk, and what I am really asking is, did the speakers sit on the non-slip, or if on small stands, did the stand sit on the non-slip?

I'm looking for any changes that might account for a change in sound. But on general principle, I would expect the speaker to sound better as they are now.

Steve/bluewizard

No its not permanent and never put the speakers on my desks as its too low.

Might just find some rubber feet on ebay and see how it goes. Isolation pads are quite expensive :/.

NCore - You were enjoying these speakers back in September 2013:
Bought this edifier R1600T sound test | AVForums
What's changed? Is it just speaker positioning or have you decided the speakers aren't that great afterall?

IMO, before spending any more money, make sure you still like the sound of the speakers by setting them up (temporarily) in an ideal position on solid stands and feeding them the best quality audio you can. Then, if you're still not happy with the sound, it's unlikely any rubber feet/isolator pads etc will make them sound any better on the desk and you'll probably be better off with different speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom