Edge of tomorrow Amazon-de Steel

HughFran

Any more info on the UK release?

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
I don't think it's been renamed at all. It's just they've put the slogan in REALLY big letters.

If you read the bottom of the front cover it says Cruise/Blunt/Edge of Tomorrow, and the side of the BD slip, it clearly says Live.Die.Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow.

It would be really silly to rename this film. Again. But really clever to cash in on the catchy slogan by featuring it prominently on all of the artwork, and do it in a modern kind of *hashtag* / programming code style using lots of full stops and slashes. I'm surprised they didn't put #LiveDieRepeat on the cover. Still wouldn't mean that they were changing the damn name though.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I don't think it's been renamed at all. It's just they've put the slogan in REALLY big letters.

If you read the bottom of the front cover it says Cruise/Blunt/Edge of Tomorrow, and the side of the BD slip, it clearly says Live.Die.Repeat/Edge of Tomorrow.

It would be really silly to rename this film. Again. But really clever to cash in on the catchy slogan by featuring it prominently on all of the artwork, and do it in a modern kind of *hashtag* / programming code style using lots of full stops and slashes. I'm surprised they didn't put #LiveDieRepeat on the cover. Still wouldn't mean that they were changing the damn name though.
I agree, the studio wouldn't change the name of highly regarded ( if not a huge financial success ) film for its home video release, it would just cause massive confusion and a loss in profit !

vtrmart

Distinguished Member

That may well be the case.

Imagine granny going into HMV to buy "Edge of Tomorrow" for their grandson and coming out empty handed! I reckon it will cause some confusion for those who are not au fait with the film.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I ordered this today, kept waiting for a UK announcement that never came ! I wonder why there's no official German release date yet though, it still say 31st Dec !?

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
I see they didn't go with the alternative titles on the German steelbook. I thought 300 Rise of an Empire was an Amazon DE exclusive though and look what happened there. Im going to wait a bit longer.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom