Edge of Tomorrow (30 May 2014)

How did you rate this film?

• Total voters
What a cracking trailer. This film has just gone up a few spots on my must see list

Looks great, really looking forward to this. Going to be an expensive month with Godzilla then X-Men then this all coming after each other!

That rocked.

Read a lot of stuff tipping this one to be one of the flops of the summer, personally I can't wait !

Read a lot of stuff tipping this one to be one of the flops of the summer

:eek::eek:

I tried looking on IMDB for a flop with Cruise in the leading roll.

I got down to 1990 odd and gave up:D:thumbsup:

More chance of England winning the world cup than this being a flop.

It's got Cruise running around, this time in a exo-skeleton and we get the novelty of him running around the edge of a crater. All the magic's there.

Think people would consider most of newer films ( say the 5-10 years ) to be flops to some degree and he's certainly not the draw he used to be.

If you're calling a film a flop based on mixed reviews, that's something else.

I guess you could say something is a flop because you think the movie stinks or it's a flop because it's a financial disaster.

You won't find many financial disasters..

He's 50 now so i guess he has lost a chunk of the teenage dollars.:D

If you're calling a film a flop based on mixed reviews, that's something else.

I guess you could say something is a flop because you think the movie stinks or it's a flop because it's a financial disaster.

You won't find many financial disasters..

He's 50 now so i guess he has lost a chunk of the teenage dollars.:D
I may be wrong but his films seem to get a pretty luke warm response from audiences and critics alike these days with the exception of the last MI film. I like the majority of his output though, think the guy is a legend !

Apart from MI4 his not had a film that grossed over $300 million since MI3.

I'm not sure about this film but it's the kind of film that would heavily rely on word of mouth and positive reviews.

Groundhog Day with aliens and furture military tech. I'll give it a go.

Reviews

Edge of Tomorrow - Rotten Tomatoes

A playful and frantic science-fiction twister which mimics the best (Aliens, The Matrix, Groundhog Day) while offering something fresh and — most importantly — thrilling.
4/5 - Empire's Edge Of Tomorrow Movie Review

Edge of Tomorrow is magnificent. After a bit of a slow start, Liman launches us into a war that is gut-rattling in its violence and awe-inspiring in its execution, seamless special effects and action, action, action. Tied to a hero who is initially gutless, we can connect to Cage's fear. When Cruise shifts him into the kind of hero we demand of this megastar, we are hooked hard into this rip-roaring ride. The movie positively pulses with adrenaline, reflected in its powerful performances, clever cuts and its fluid yet exhilarating cinematography that weaves around heroes, explosions, and spiraling space monsters. Edge of Tomorrow will leave you breathless and grinning. Simply put, this is why we go to the movies.
9/10 - Edge Of Tomorrow Review - CinemaBlend.com

Edge of Tomorrow is a Gold Medal performance that stumbles on landing and gets the Silver. A valiant effort that’s well worth your time, but it ever so slightly, and disappointingly, misses top level status.
8/10 - Edge of Tomorrow Review: Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt Kick Ass In Time

Nonetheless, Edge of Tomorrow remains as an unadulterated, captivating thriller, which revels in being such unreservedly good fun. From the very start, right through to the bitter end, this maintains its fast-pace, resulting in a compelling picture that offers little respite to the viewer. Still, it’s no Swingers.
3/5 - Edge of Tomorrow Review - HeyUGuys

Ultimately, though, “Edge of Tomorrow” feels sharper and more clever than it might have been in other hands, and for a big summer star vehicle, that's surprise enough.
'Edge of Tomorrow' Review: Tom Cruise's Groundhog Starship Butterfly Source Code Troopers Day Effect - TheWrap

Blunt is alert, energized and emotionally present in a none-too-taxing role; while a bit more action for Rita would not have gone awry, the pleasure of “Edge of Tomorrow” is that it’s not an action movie first and foremost, but rather a cheeky little puzzle picture in expensive-looking blockbuster drag.
‘Edge of Tomorrow’ Review: Tom Cruise Stars in ‘Groundhog Day’-Style Action Movie | Variety

“Edge Of Tomorrow” is ultimately so barren of ideas that it feels like an anti-movie, just another day at work for one of the world's biggest stars and his generous enablers. Cage's time-loop ends up being indicative of this movie's placement in the summer movie pantheon: same shit, different day. [D]
Point/Counterpoint Review: 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Starring Tom Cruise, Emily Blunt And Bill Paxton|The Playlist

Tom Cruise may never reach his mid-90′s peak of stardom again, and one hopes that he eventually chooses to do something other than pulpy action films again. But the genuine skill and quality control still shines through in Cruise’s star vehicles. In an era when the movie star is dying or being grafted into superhero films, Tom Cruise continues to make high quality (and often wholly original) genre fare that cements his name as a promise of high quality and utter entertainment value. Cruise is still willing to kill himself over and over again to entertain you. As long as his films remain as enjoyable as Edge of Tomorrow, I’ll keep rooting for him. This is pretty terrific entertainment.
Review: Tom Cruise's 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Is Terrific Fun - Forbes

In other news, WB are worried about the lack of buzz the film is generating
Warner Bros. Worried Over Film's Quiet Buzz | GotchaMovies

Last edited:
Ooooooh that first review got me well excited and currently 86% on Rotten Tomatoes !

It's definitely a cinema trip for me. :)

I wanted to watch this anyway, but the positive reviews are reassuring.

IMAX release for this. That's my Sat/Sun morning sorted :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom