Edge of Tomorrow (30 May 2014)

How did you rate this film?

• Total voters

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Previously known as All You Need Is Kill.

A few months ago it was reported Tom Cruise is to star in director Doug Liman‘s (The Bourne Identity, Mr. & Mrs. Smith) sci-fi action film We Are Mortals, also known as All You Need Is Kill.

Scripted by Dante Harper (re-written by Jody Harold). Based on the manga comic book 'All You Need is Kill' by Hiroshi Sakurazaka with illustrations by YO5HITOSHI ABe.

The movie is similar to Source Code in that involves a soldier getting killed over and over again. However, this time around the soldier is involved in a war against aliens and has to keep reliving the day he was killed in battle. However, reliving this experience makes him a better soldier.

55215.jpg

Last edited:
March 14, 2014

First look at Tom Cruise as Lt. Col. Bill Cage in All You Need Is Kill.
Emily Blunt and Bill Paxton co-star in the manga adaptation.

4yzq.jpg

Last edited:
Why am I laughing at that picture??? It just looks funny.

Hmm, he doesnt look at all like the character on the cover of that Manga.

Filming in Trafalgar Square, London

aynik2.jpg

aynik5.jpg

aynik3.jpg

aynik1.jpg

aynik10.jpg

aynik9.jpg

aynik4.jpg

aynik8.jpg

aynik6.jpg

s7z5.jpg

Last edited:
Now renamed - Edge of Tomorrow

Surprised they did not stick with the manga comic title

I liked this comment on twitter;
See, if I ran Hollywood I'd just call it TOM CRUISE VS. ALIENS and watch the box office dollars roll in ...

Last edited:
Not that surprising. I prefer the far less generic original title, but it limits the target audience (as if that robot-gun-suit Cruise is wearing won't scare off half the population and send them to see Grown Ups 3 instead).

Edge of Tomorrow opens it up a little, because it's just so damn generic - it just doesn't sound as much like a violent movie about soldiers and guns and killing.

Much prefer the original title but it did sound like a chapter from sin city. Not keen on edge of tomorrow, makes me think of edge of darkness (although I did like the movie).

I liked the original title and it's strange they thought to change it to something more prosaic. Do they think they'll make it more appealing to a wider audience? Perhaps a female audience? In which case I'd like to see how they're going to market it. Pink battlesuits maybe? I hope they don't make the same mistake disney made with John Carter.

So cool that Bill Paxton is in this

Another film where they are adding extra scenes after it had wrapped - Jeremy Piven added to cast, he will play Col. Walter Marx.

Another film where they are adding extra scenes after it had wrapped - Jeremy Piven added to cast, he will play Col. Walter Marx.

Love a bit of Piven. Hopefully he's not been hired to spit out exposition.

Rock and Roll

I think it's a poor trailer but I do find the film of interest.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom