Quantcast

Edge of Tomorrow (30 May 2014)

How did you rate this film?

• Total voters

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Am I the only one who's spotted that this sounds suspiciously like Joe Haldemann's classic novel 'The Forever War' - which is also being turned into a film by Ridley Scott I think.

I hope this is good though don't get me wrong - more sci-fi the better!

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Jeez whats with that stupid "this is not...the end" voiceover all the way through the trailer?! Whoever thought of that needs their head examining - seemed really out of place to me.

Battle LA meets Minority Report meets Source Code anyone?

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
Am I the only one who's spotted that this sounds suspiciously like Joe Haldemann's classic novel 'The Forever War' - which is also being turned into a film by Ridley Scott I think.

I hope this is good though don't get me wrong - more sci-fi the better!
In Forever War
the central character didn't get killed and the war took place very very far away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Looks like 2 spoilers there captain I've had to edit one the one you mention and by reversing it an other spoiler.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
Jeez whats with that stupid "this is not...the end" voiceover all the way through the trailer?! Whoever thought of that needs their head examining - seemed really out of place to me.

Battle LA meets Minority Report meets Source Code anyone?
I quite liked that haunting electronic vibe, did remind me of the battle la trailer though.

DrWise

Banned
looking good

MAX1210

iainoco

aVdub

Distinguished Member
Looking good so far, but I won't hold by breath.....

mckee74

Distinguished Member
Emily Blunt is in it.

The fact it looks great also is a bonus.

Machloop

Novice Member
OK, I've seen 'Source Code', 'Groundhog Day', 'Back to the Future', 'Trminator' etc. So my money says that I've seen most of this film before.

Last edited by a moderator:

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
OK, I've seen 'Source Code', 'Groundhog Day', 'Back to the Future', 'Trminator' etc. So my money says that I've seen most of this film before.
So you had seen most of Source Code before you watched it, as you likely watched Groundhog Day, Back To The Future, Trminator, etc, beforehand