Edge of Tomorrow (2014) (4K/Blu-ray Steelbook) (DE/IT/FR)

SFkilla

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Edge of Tomorrow (4K + Blu-ray) (Steelbook)

Purchase link:
Amazon.de / jpc.de
Release date: 21/07/2022

81xs8ckoc-l-_sl1500_-jpg.1701616

---------------

Edge of Tomorrow (4K + Blu-ray) (Steelbook)

Purchase link:
Amazon.it / DVD-store.it
Release date: 14/07/2022

edge-of-tomorrow-steelbook-4k-de-jpg.1691755

---------------

Edge of Tomorrow (4K + Blu-ray) (Steelbook) (Collector)

Purchase link:
Amazon.fr / Fnac.com
Release date: 10/08/2022

81ojvj6vxzl-_ac_sl1500_-jpg.1705632

Attachments

• Edge-of-Tomorrow-steelbook-4K-DE.jpg
    Edge-of-Tomorrow-steelbook-4K-DE.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 921
  • 1000818335.jpg
    1000818335.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 163
  • 81xs8CkOc-L._SL1500_.jpg
    81xs8CkOc-L._SL1500_.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 595
  • 81OJvj6vXzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    81OJvj6vXzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 538
Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Last edited:
Is this artwork confirmed? I was hoping for the same artwork as the UK release... this is a disappointment.

A slim hope remains for the French release, then.

It would be unfortunate to have to go for the UK release with that high price. I mean, almost 50 Eur, come on! Not to mention the import fees on top of that.

1.png

This has dropped to €23.99 so less than £23.00 delivered if you have a currency fee free card.

Amazon product ASIN B0B1MMTGM1
€6.00 off $60.00 still working too at Amazon.it:

Thanks just ordered. Last few 4k discs have been form Amazon.it, good prices, ordered Morbius and Ambulance from them.

Missed it OOS in Italy

WARNING!

I just received the French release today, and the steelbook artwork is NOT the same as the UK release! It's the same as Germany, with "Live. Die. Repeat" repeating (Ha!) again and again. I re-checked the Fnac website and, yes, they're still showing the same (UK) artwork in the picture. I will be contacting Fnac tomorrow... for what it's worth.

So disappointed right now :thumbsdow

WARNING!

I just received the French release today, and the steelbook artwork is NOT the same as the UK release! It's the same as Germany, with "Live. Die. Repeat" repeating (Ha!) again and again. I re-checked the Fnac website and, yes, they're still showing the same (UK) artwork in the picture. I will be contacting Fnac tomorrow... for what it's worth.

So disappointed right now :thumbsdow
So you mean you got BOTH the slip AND the SteelBook looking like this?
1000818335-jpg.1700683

EDIT: can you please, also confirm if the writings on the "goodies" included are in English or French?!?

So you mean you got BOTH the slip AND the SteelBook looking like this?

EDIT: can you please, also confirm if the writings on the "goodies" included are in English or French?!?
Yes, both of them have the same artwork. The steelbook has a matte finish.

The slip and the plastic cover are in English, with a small "Vivre. Mourir. Recommencer." on the top of the slip. The two posters are both in English. The booklet is in French, but there's not much text, mostly pictures.

All in all a pretty good set, but the wrong artwork on the steelbook is a huge bummer. I wonder if the pre-order picture is wrong, or if they made a mistake when inserting the steelbook in the slip? Who is at fault here? Maybe @paulboland has an idea?

IMG_20220812_141246crop.jpg

IMG_20220812_141338__01crop.jpg

Got a quick reply from Fnac on Twitter. They take no responsibility for the faulty picture in the webshop and refused to make an inquiry up in the distribution chain. It could be that mainland Europe has the German artwork in the CE set, but I doubt it. I still think there's been an error made somewhere. Impossible to know as they won't investigate the matter further.

They did offer me a 7 Euro discount, but that doesn't feel enough at all. Very disappointed with their customer service at this point :mad:

Yes, both of them have the same artwork. The steelbook has a matte finish.

The slip and the plastic cover are in English, with a small "Vivre. Mourir. Recommencer." on the top of the slip. The two posters are both in English. The booklet is in French, but there's not much text, mostly pictures.

All in all a pretty good set, but the wrong artwork on the steelbook is a huge bummer. I wonder if the pre-order picture is wrong, or if they made a mistake when inserting the steelbook in the slip? Who is at fault here? Maybe @paulboland has an idea?

View attachment 1737317
View attachment 1737320
WOW! Very much appreciated for all the information!
I have the BestBuy SteelBook and is also matte, therefore I for one don’t expect the one from Zavvi to be otherwise, so no worries.
Also, if you’re like me, you’ll just get the other SteeelBook alone and you’ll be “set”.
And, again, I for one, would not spend time and nerves to search who’s to blame, most likely is an issue of communication and artwork share between the publishers/sellers.

Edit: small corrections

Last edited:
And, again, I for one, would not spend time and nerves to search who’s to blame, most likely is an issue of communication and artwork share with the publishers/sellers.
You're right, of course. No reason to let any more energy sink into this. I did get that 7 Euro discount offer. Maybe I'll just accept that and avoid the hassle of returning it to France (speaking out of experience, read more in the Fnac retailer thread if you're curious).

I'll have to think on this.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom