Edge of Tomorrow 2 - aka Live Die Repeat And Repeat (TBA) directed by Doug Liman

For a few on here whatever it's title it will be
Repeat
Repeat
Repeat

:).

About 400mil at the WW box office
There used to be a time where $400 million was staggering, but for a summer blockbuster that's not enough anymore. In today's age they need a minimum of $500 million for sequels.

This film probably reached a budget of $330 million after you start including marketing and distribution costs.

There used to be a time where $400 million was staggering, but for a summer blockbuster that's not enough anymore. In today's age they need a minimum of $500 million for sequels.

This film probably reached a budget of $330 million after you start including marketing and distribution costs.
You're not wrong, but it's all relative. It broke even and was a hit with audiences and critics alike, so going ahead with a sequel would make sense with a studio to degree. It's a bit more like the old business model for Hollywood have a successful original then build on it and expand a sequel and expect even bigger results.

The Time Machine

The Edge of the Day After Tomorrow Never Say Never Again Dies Another Day To Live Free Or Die Hard Rain Repeat!

Christopher McQuarrie attached to direct

Joe Shrapnel and Anna Waterhouse have been tapped to write the sequel

Last edited:
And get fired from every film?

I see Christopher McQuarrie directed The Usual Suspect, this bodes well.

I see Christopher McQuarrie directed The Usual Suspect, this bodes well.

McQuarrie wrote The Usual Suspects, Bryan Singer directed it. McQuarrie did direct The Way Of The Gun, though, which is actually an excellent film.

EDIT: The final shootout scene in TWOTG is my personal joint favourite big action run-and-gun sequence, it's awesome. The other is the heist in Heat, so you know where I'm coming from. Those scenes have so much replay value on their own, but the whole of TWOTG is very well done. It's worth checking out

And erm... back on topic... I like Edge Of Tomorrow but I don't really know where they're going to go with a sequel. I'm very interested to find out though.

Last edited:
Doug Liman on the sequel/prequel;
“That is the only sequel that I’m considering doing, and it’s because first of all the story is so amazing—much better than the original film, and I loved and loved the original film—and second of all, it’s a sequel that’s a prequel.”
“I’ve had some radical ideas about how to make a sequel that would interest me, in the same way that I had ideas of how you make an independent film and then Swingers came along and it was like ‘Aha, that’s the perfect movie for me to test these ideas out on.’ I had these intellectual ideas on how you should make a sequel that are unlike how anybody else makes a sequel, and this script and this idea fit perfectly into that idea. So it’s gonna revolutionize how people make sequels. And again that’s why I try to do things like Invisible (a scripted supernatural VR series) that are just, the revolution’s sort of built into the idea. It’s more heresy in the film world for me to pitch things that are sort of unheard of.”

I'm in. :)
Would be great if Emily Blunt was back too.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom