Ed Milliband hopeless interview

karkus30

Ex Member
Reaction score
https://audioboo.fm/boos/1359789-ma...ader-ed-miliband-the-world-at-one-bbc-radio-4

Really awful, empty interview. Surely even stalwart labour supporters must see the entirely empty policy bank. It sounded like a man drowning. He had the opportunity to set out clear, well thought through policies and instead just try to blag his way through the interview instead of using it to tell people what labour are all about.

Any vote for Labour can only be a protest vote. I reckon UKIP are going to kick his backside. The result will, I hope, be a change of leadership and direction. We can't have an opposition party that presents no opposition.

Just reflects the policies of his party really - devoid of any material substance.

Labour have no need to headline major policies at this time, they will no doubt wait until the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015 before laying out their portfolio.

If Labour come up and headline some really good policies they will only be 'pinched' by the coalition, reworded and delivered as their own, then shout down Labour's efforts.

Remember Michael Portillo whose clever policies were all 'adopted' by Labour leaving Portillo high and dry with nothing in the policy bank come the general election.

Poor sod. So Labour will play their cards close to their chest until the time is right.

Agree with that Alan. Although it is interesting that Labour are doing this, while they attacked the tories for not bringing forward policy proposals before the last election.

The problem is that Labour are setting themselves up as looking like they have no real ideas. They reject cuts time after time, without any credible proposals of their own for how they would control spending. By default they are making themselves look like a protest party. And the two Eds are definitely two of the governments biggest assets. They must be praying that Balls stays in post. Even now with Labour doing well in the polls and the economy flat, Cameron and Osborne are still trusted more on the economy, and a large part of that is widespread distrust and dislike of Balls in particular.

What I found amusing last week was Cameron at PMQs and Cleggs comments later that week.
Because both said Labour would make more cuts. Cameron who claimed under Labour we see cuts to the NHS and Clegg who claimed capital spending under the coalition is increasing.
Completely mixed message having spent 3 years claiming you'd get more borrowing and spending under Labour.

Problem is they have already started making the promises!
A temporary VAT cut to 17.5 per cent, which would cost £13 billion.

Pledges to reintroduce the 10p tax rate, at a cost of £7.3billion paid for with a mansion tax that would only raise £2billion

Ed Balls has already stated that extra borrowing will be necessary to "jump start" growth but Ed Miliband flatly denied borrowing would increase, even though it is estimated another £28billion of borrowing would be needed to fund this

Borrow more now?
Mr Miliband said: ‘No, well... I would say is that we need to get borrowing down.’

Labour have no need to headline major policies at this time, they will no doubt wait until the end of 2014 or beginning of 2015 before laying out their portfolio.
Agreed, but when challenging Government policy it would seem sensible to see something of substance added to their argument(s).

:rolleyes: Sorry, forgot, they are politicians and I'm obviously expecting too much of them :D.

True, but why would he do an interview like this? Makes him look clueless.

gazbarber said:
True, but why would he do an interview like this? Makes him look clueless.

I don't think he just looks clueless. He spent the interview coming out with meaningless Cleggy rhetoric. They all follow the Blair signature.......look, dah dah dah. Its a version of 'let me be honest with you' and we all know not to trust the next few words. However, the next few words were just empty headed nothingness. He might well have said ' look......two fat ladies and momma loves apple pie.....don't you ? '

Well yes we will have to cut, but we can spend and then we won't have to cut ......eh ?

Most senior politicians are not clueless. They can of course make themselves look clueless deliberately as a ploy or to lull the opposition.

Think to the future. If Labour look clueless now then they can only build on that and get less 'clueless' as we get closer to the general election.

Just before the general election Labour can appear as glorious political knights riding in on their mighty policy steeds to rescue an ailing Britain from the terrible hardship suffered under nasty coalition management.

:cool: :D

Haha, can i have some of your sherbert please :D

gazbarber said:

I must say I was thinking the same thing.

https://audioboo.fm/boos/1359789-ma...ader-ed-miliband-the-world-at-one-bbc-radio-4

Really awful, empty interview. Surely even stalwart labour supporters must see the entirely empty policy bank. It sounded like a man drowning. He had the opportunity to set out clear, well thought through policies and instead just try to blag his way through the interview instead of using it to tell people what labour are all about.

Any vote for Labour can only be a protest vote. I reckon UKIP are going to kick his backside. The result will, I hope, be a change of leadership and direction. We can't have an opposition party that presents no opposition.

even the Tories have said he would be crazy to give out any policies on the economy especially at this time

Labour do have policies, it's just that there is a major fight going on between the different wings of the party (Blair and Brown). From what I've seen anyway, I tend to stay out of the fighting.

And I repeat - Ed Miliband and Ed Balls got none of my votes in the Leadership Election. David Miliband was the safer bet, the Unions scuppered that one.

Everyone knows Labour's economic policy: Spend money. Raise taxes.

There's no secret to it.

:D

Don't need any enhancement.

I think what triggered my comment was Sonic67's avatar of a knight looking gay and holding up his lance in a rampant manner.

:love: :D

la gran siete said:
even the Tories have said he would be crazy to give out any policies on the economy especially at this time

Good tactic by the Tories. No doubt along with keep the two Eds.

:D

Don't need any enhancement.

I think what triggered my comment was Sonic67's avatar of a knight looking gay and holding up his lance in a rampant manner.

:love: :D

How very dare you Sir, that was St. George :laugh:

Rubio does a Miliband at the recent GOP presidential debate ahead of today's NH primary, hopefully Christie does well out of it rather than the Donald or Cruz ... although the polls say it's Trump (and Bernie for the Dems), which they got wrong in Iowa caucus

EDIT... Now appears to have been called for Trump and Sanders

Last edited:
Rubio does a Miliband at the recent GOP presidential debate ahead of today's NH primary, hopefully Christie does well out of it rather than the Donald or Cruz ... although the polls say it's Trump (and Bernie for the Dems), which they got wrong in Iowa caucus

EDIT... Now appears to have been called for Trump and Sanders

Dug up an old 2013 thread for that US stuff Krish? :confused:

You OK or just posted in the wrong thread? ;)

I meant to put that clip in a thread with this clip, with similar robotic behaviour. It now appears this thread was about a different 'hopeless interview' with Miliband :oops:. Edited Rubio clip added.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom