ECS KV2 Lite-AMD 'San Diego' processor - system restarts !!!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Shady, May 8, 2007.

1. Shady

Shady

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Hi chaps - any ideas

I have just upgraded my elderly PC but wished to retain many of the components - so I went for an ECS KV2Lite mobo and an AMD 3700+ 'San Diego' processor.

Fitted this all together with my Nvidia AGP card, IDE drive and 2x512MB memory (down from the 1.5GB my previous mobo used - due to new board requiring either 2 or 4 slots to be occupied, not 3. New 512mb stick on order).

Started it all up and initially all looked OK, PC booted and applications ran - however a couple of times the machine restarted of it's own accord. I thought this may be due to various drivers still being loaded - however over the weekend it appears to do this numerous times, so as to be unusable.

It could restart during boot up, when swicthing from one web page to another or by inserting a CD/DVD - but without warning the machine simply restarts.

Any ideas what this could be ?

Never had this issue with my previous mobo and an AMD 1400+ processor. Would increasing the memory to 2gb help (once I receive my new memory), or is this a PSU issue - and if so, why ?

Any help would be appreciated.

2. dmurray0

dmurray0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've the same mobo and no problems here. I've 4 x 512mb in it and it runs grand. What size is the PSU? You may have a small PSU and too much stuff running, but not too sure. Good luck anyway.