1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ECP 3500, 60 htz problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by hencole, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As far as I am aware the ECP 3500 does do 60. However whenever I try iusing my Xbox, DC or Saturn it looks just like it does on an unsupported TV. I've tried manually changing as well as auto, but it doesn't seem to do anything. Is there a simple explanation for this ie am I being thick or has something gone wrong?

2. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

What inputs are you using with your ecp ?
    If you are using the composite or s-video input then it's just taking the regular video output from the console and it will look like a regular tv........ 50Hz and 60Hz won't look terribly different.

It's unlikely that your projector will support interlaced scart (rgbs) directly because the scart sync voltage is a bit low for the ecp. My ecp (4501) won't sync up to a scart equipped dvd player.

Brian

3. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using S-vid and composite. When I set the console to output at 50 it works fine with no problems. When trying to do 60 it scans up to 59, but goes no further and gives the kind of image you get from a device that doesn't support 60.
    Thanks for the RGB SCART info as that was another thing I had problems with, but now I know why.

4. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

It may be that the video card will only handle pal at 50Hz and ntsc at 60Hz (or 59 point whatever it is !) and isn't happy with pal at 60Hz. There are a couple of pins on the card which allow you to switch things around but pal 60 might not be an option.The video card is a pretty old design and may not be that flexible. Another option would be to try the 'move' controls and see if they makes any difference.

I'll have a go with my X-box tonight but I won't be able to report back until Monday.

If you want to send rgb to the projector (assuming you have a rgbhv input card) then you could buy a 'syncblaster' from Keene to boost your sync signal. That would probably do the trick. John Simm probably makes a similar device if you want "quality". That would also let you use the rgb out from a dvd player as well and bypass the video card which isn't too clever as it has some problems with chroma shift.

brian.

5. bxd

bxd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +136
    Hi,

Yup, the ecp Quad decoder / video card doesn't handle pal at 60Hz very well. I'd just stick to 50Hz og get a signal booster.

Brian

6. hencole

hencole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks BXD for the info, looks like I'll just stick with 50.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.