• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Eclipse TD510 Mk2 Standmount Speaker Review & Comments

Yetizone

A very interesting review Ed, plus one of the best quotes i’ve seen in an audio revue…

“they move like a fat child full of chicken nuggets”

Superb!

PS. Are you going to be auditioning any of the new Naim streamers (ND 555 / NDX 2 / ND5 XS 2) at all?

mainaman

I havent heard the 510 yet,but the bigger brothers are incredible and make most speakers from their price range sound muddy and disjointed(slightly less so with the partnering sub,but it is a must-have even for the 712).

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Speakers are physical engineering and while you make some useful savings from making a lot of them, some of the materials and engineering in these are never going to be cheap. The smaller members do make stunning AV speakers though.

PS. Are you going to be auditioning any of the new Naim streamers (ND 555 / NDX 2 / ND5 XS 2) at all?

I've got some Naim reviews lined up, yes.

Yetizone

I've got some Naim reviews lined up, yes.

That's great news Ed! As you use Naim kit for your equipment evaluation, it will be interesting to read your thoughts on their new kit, or hear them on the (very good) podcast of course.

StanleyKubrick

It's a shame humour is lost. Maybe by adding a 'smiley face' after my quote, you might of thought of it differently.....:facepalm:

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
The more I see and read of the Eclipse range, the more I think I need a pair and nothing else will do.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom