Echostar Series Link Problems

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Chrispynutt, Jan 24, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Chrispynutt

Chrispynutt
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi All,

well my Echostar started failing to record series link shows. First it disabled series link altogether. Then I switch it off and then on. It then showed the series link icon, but then failed to record beyond the first recording.

I have tried: Factory Reset, reinitialising the drive and a firmware update.

I've lost all of my recordings and it's no better.

I am less than impressed with Echostar, compared to PS3 PlayTV and even my mates sluggish TIVO this thing is slow. I can't imagine how slow other devices are if this is considered fast.

It could be that it was second hand, but when it did series link properly it at least allowed to to just watch the shows I wanted with as little time in the interface as possible.

Anyone else want to commiserate?

2. bighfishing

bighfishing

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    i dont have any of those problems, but there was a new software update release today 121r, so try that and see what happens.