Echostar AD 3000IP Viaccess

frecossais

Standard Member
Does anyone know if I can watch digital tv with my Echostar AD 3000IP Viaccess?
At the moment I use it to watch French tv but that is going digital from the 29th November.
I would be grateful for any advice on how I can continue watching this.
Thanks in advance.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Does anyone know if I can watch digital tv with my Echostar AD 3000IP Viaccess?
At the moment I use it to watch French tv but that is going digital from the 29th November.
I would be grateful for any advice on how I can continue watching this.
Thanks in advance.

Yes.. just try it now if you are already on 5w - flip to digital & scan the digital channels in on 5w. & check with lyngsat.com / 5w for the latest frequencies as some will need updating too & you need to edit or add them manually as it hasn't got a blind scan.

The AD3000IP is or was a very good receiver of it's day & still is as a very well made receiver ... it has a very good 5a 36v controller for large motorised systems & skew control, but only diseqc 1.0 not motor diseqc 1.2 or usals control .... pq was good for it's day- even on the modulator's output.

but... I think most even basic fta receivers will do better for digital now & most have modern motor control & blind scan.

frecossais

Standard Member
Thanks a lot for your reply pedro2000uk.
I`ll wait until tomorrow to try that as the wife is watching French tv at this moment and I don`t think she would be happy if started messing about with it!
I`ll keep you posted as to how it goes.

frecossais

Standard Member
I tried to do what you suggested pedro butalthough I got the channels I wanted , they don't seem to be in digital just analogue. The only digital channels I managed to get were a couple of Parisian test channels and some Spanish channels I think(Berbere channel,etc).
How do you switch it from analogue to digital to scan?
Thanks again in advance

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
I tried to do what you suggested pedro butalthough I got the channels I wanted , they don't seem to be in digital just analogue. The only digital channels I managed to get were a couple of Parisian test channels and some Spanish channels I think(Berbere channel,etc).
How do you switch it from analogue to digital to scan?
Thanks again in advance

I'd have to do it from memory ...

Berbere TV channel is digital so you have already started to scan in the available digital ... [it's subscription so you won't see a picture but you did it OK]

I would expect a lot of the frequencies etc.. need updating.

You have to go through the menus to find EDIT or ADD TRANSPONDER and edit or add the new transponders..

Start with adding or editing an existing transponder to this for France 2 etc.....

Frequency ... 11591
Pol'..............V
Symbol Rate..20000

& then click on SCAN... you should get France 2 etc..

If it doesn't have a space for Symbol Rate you are in analogue mode - so move on to the digital settings

have a look at lyngsat 5w for all the digital settings for all the latest channels & look at the above one to see how they are all listed so you can add the others - you just want the free ones - in pale yellow.

Last edited:

frecossais

Standard Member
Thanks for that pedro> I will give it a go next weekend as I don`t have a lot of time during the week. I`ll keep you posted with the results. Cheers!

frecossais

Standard Member
Pedro you`re a genius!
It took me a little while but in the end I managed it. Sometimes for an electrician I think that I`m a little slow! ask me to explain the formula for impedance in a circuit and I can waffle for ages but sometimes with satellite tv and decoders I am a numpty!
The only problem that I have now is that TF1 or Arte or M6 aren`t on this satellite. Well they are but only on analogue not digital. Well that is , if you have not got a Fransat card.
I don`t suppose that you know where I can buy one?
All the sites seem to be offering a card with a decoder which I don`t need.
Thanks again for your help.

logiciel

frecossais

Standard Member
Thanks a lot for that logiciel but I`m thinking that I may ask my wife`s family in France to get me a card if they can.
This site is the best thing since sliced bread!
Thanks a lot to everyone who gives out advice.

logiciel

That's OK, thanks for the comments, and getting the card direct is the best thing to do. Logi

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Pedro you`re a genius!

just install satellite for a living

there are a lot of French digital channels free to air >>CLICK HERE

Some of those satellites can't be easily received in the UK - but most can & on a small dish.

Last edited:

logiciel

My first thought when it was apparently confirmed that you're receiving from 5W now was that you'd be better with at least a dish and monobloc for 13E and 19E.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Considering the spread around the arc of French channels now, a motorised would do very well for French- it used to be just 5w analogue &/or digital & M6 on 7e & the odd African French channels.

frecossais

Standard Member
Thanks a lot again Pedro for that list of French free digital channels. If I could bother you one more time please, what does the letter after certain frequencies mean? I know that the H and V are horizontal and vertical but what is the L and R? Left and right I guess but I haven`t got that on my box?

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
L and R normally means left and right hand (circular) polarisation. I thought that these days that was only used on C-band (3.7-4.2 GHz) which also required a big dish- what the americans call a "BUD" (Big Ugly Dish) to get enough antenna gain.
Circular polarisation requires a circularly polarised LNBF or a separate polariser (vs the commoner V/H type) horn aerial feed or a teflon slab to convert a V/H horn assembly to circular.

pedro2000uk

Distinguished Member
Thanks a lot again Pedro for that list of French free digital channels. If I could bother you one more time please, what does the letter after certain frequencies mean? I know that the H and V are horizontal and vertical but what is the L and R? Left and right I guess but I haven`t got that on my box?

some channels can't easily be received on that list ... the ones that can be difficult include the L R &/or C band ones as Chris says and any that don't have strong signals into the UK -

... but most of those on that list can be received with a standard small dish setup-

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom