Echochrome - Play & Help

Weggie

The trailer is available to download from the Japanese store and the game looks like a great mind-bender and very original. It uses the old optical illusion tricks to get the man from the start of the level to the end and works on the old premise that if you can not see it, it isn't there (i.e. if there is a hole you can rotate the map so that a column blocks it from sight and subsequently it doesn't exist when the man walks behind the column). You'll see what I mean when you see the trailer.

I am really looking forward to this and it is a must have purchase for me, but being a Japanese release it may take a loooong time to make it to the EU! Does any one have more information on release dates?

http://uk.psp.ign.com/objects/949/949614.html

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I've just seen this preview on Eurogamer. I can't wait for this, it looks like one of the more original titles ou there.

I'd probably find it quite frustrating though as I'm not the best with puzzle games.

mwjdavies

This game looks excellent. Not graphically intensive, but originality is deffo there.

Guessing this will be a download title rather than a £40 quid game!

Weggie

It is definately a PSN game. That is what I love about the PS3; you get all that Japanese quirkyness and originality.

I am not really a gamer but am loving the PSN titles more than the full priced games.

There is an official web-site and I think the release is the end of this month for Japan, so cross fingers that it doesn't take too long to get to this side of the pond.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Found a demo for Echochrome on the Jap PSN. Anyone else downloaded it? Gonna give it some time later.

Old news I'm afraid. ;) :)

It was mentioned and discussed a few weeks back when it was first released on the PSN in the PSN update thread. There is also the full version available now in both the HK and Japanese PSN stores. I downloaded the demo back then for both the PS3 and the PSP. It's pretty good especially for such a simple concept.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
Does any one know how many puzzles there are to solve?

Ol!ver

Old news I'm afraid. ;) :)

It was mentioned and discussed a few weeks back when it was first released on the PSN in the PSN update thread. There is also the full version available now in both the HK and Japanese PSN stores. I downloaded the demo back then for both the PS3 and the PSP. It's pretty good especially for such a simple concept.

Oh balls to you then :rotfl:

Can the PSP version be had too then? The missus won't be here for a few days, and she'll want the PSP version.

Br0ken

Distinguished Member
I'll have to have a Google to find out, quite fancy this game. Just not sure if I want to pay for it if there aren't many levels but user created content sounds cool.

D

Deleted member 92943

This is a game that i'm really looking forward to. Simple concept but looks very interging.

I'm guessing this is a game that we'll have to buy on both the PS3 and PSP rather than buying 1 version for both platforms?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
This is a game that i'm really looking forward to. Simple concept but looks very interging.

I'm guessing this is a game that we'll have to buy on both the PS3 and PSP rather than buying 1 version for both platforms?

They are separate games on both formats and yes you would need to buy both if you wanted to play it on both.

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Oh balls to you then :rotfl:

Can the PSP version be had too then? The missus won't be here for a few days, and she'll want the PSP version.

I think only the PS3 version is available currently although you can download the PSP demo. I don't know how the PSP version is going to be sold. It may be a download or it may be a retail disc.

Moogle

Distinguished Member

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Cheers. Tried yesasia but they say the suppliers are out of stock, with no expected date. Will try the other though. Have you used them?

Yes I have used NCSX several times before and they are a good reliable company. I've never had problems with them.

Never thought I would like this game but downloaded it anyway, and its awesome!!! :D

The sixxais works pretty well, first time i used it! lol

Anyone know when the full game is out?

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Never thought I would like this game but downloaded it anyway, and its awesome!!! :D

The sixxais works pretty well, first time i used it! lol

Anyone know when the full game is out?

Please try and do a search before starting a new unnecessary thread. Merging thread with existing one.

KeanosMagicHat

It's not mentioned earlier in the thread but demos of both the PS3 and PSP versions of this game are also on the US store.

I'm downloading as I type.

Dazza Cole

Downloaded the demo on the US store the other night, and it's a definite purchase for me when this gets released :thumbsup: Nice bit of brain-bending puzzling action

D

Deleted member 92943

I liked the demo but i can see myself getting stuck after a few levels and giving up on it, so i'll pass and just play GTA IV

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
It's not mentioned earlier in the thread but demos of both the PS3 and PSP versions of this game are also on the US store.

I'm downloading as I type.
Are both of the demos the same? I played the PS3 one and liked it although I have to say I found the controls quite fiddly. The analogue sticks moved the camera very slowly.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Disney picks up Sony's cinema releases post Netflix in US
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony unveils X-Series wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 21st April 2021